The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

transferring from st andrews

I would really love some advice, if anyone has experience on transferring ? I am currently studying at st andrews economics and management, just completed 2nd year and going into third year but I am really unhappy in st andrews, its just not for me. I really don't want to return and thinking of transferring. But my advisor at St Andrews is so awful ! and hasn't replied to any of my email to help me through the process. If anyone has been through the process and would be kind enough to give some advice, would be so sweet
Reply 1
Why are you so unhappy? I mean I want to apply at St. Andrews and I would like to know the real facts. Thanks
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by acd10
Why are you so unhappy? I mean I want to apply at St. Andrews and I would like to know the real facts. Thanks

St Andrews is really beautiful town and people are really friendly. But I just feel really claustrophobic. I just feel like in a way I am at school 24/7. I would really recommend visiting. Although it hasn't been completely a negative experience, I met so many lovely, wonderful people from all over the world but I really hate the economics department.
Reply 3
Original post by lilyc393
I would really love some advice, if anyone has experience on transferring ? I am currently studying at st andrews economics and management, just completed 2nd year and going into third year but I am really unhappy in st andrews, its just not for me. I really don't want to return and thinking of transferring. But my advisor at St Andrews is so awful ! and hasn't replied to any of my email to help me through the process. If anyone has been through the process and would be kind enough to give some advice, would be so sweet

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. Having had personal experience with this, I can totally empathise. I would strongly advise you to email the head of admissions/individual tutors at the relevant departments of the universities you would be willing to transfer to. It is sometimes harder to get a transfer into the final but it can be done and is possible.

I personally would advise you to make the decision to transfer as you will do better in your studies at an institution in which you are happy.

Making the decision to leave UCL was incredibly tough for me, especially when you get people on here messaging you saying they burst into tears when going past the campus because they didn't get in and how ungrateful I was for a place and how I'm throwing away a massive opportunity. At the end of the day none of that matters if you're going to be miserable. I would imagine you are in a similar situation with St Andrews; being a highly esteemed university it just makes the decision tougher.

I hope I helped a tiny bit and wish you every success in your future - do feel free to PM me if you have any other issues re this.
Reply 4
Original post by lilyc393
St Andrews is really beautiful town and people are really friendly. But I just feel really claustrophobic. I just feel like in a way I am at school 24/7. I would really recommend visiting. Although it hasn't been completely a negative experience, I met so many lovely, wonderful people from all over the world but I really hate the economics department.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have also heard the St. Andrews students are really busy studying 24/7. I don't know if that is true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending