The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i'm prepared to be with any woman from the age of 17 to 39. and i'm 18. Clearly I don't have a problem with it.
It's no big!
Reply 3
a year is nothing! Go for it!! X
Reply 4
Age doesn't matter. It's just a number!
Reply 5
Definitely dont hold back just because of age ..... !!
Reply 6
no jus i found out my bf is 17. i thought he was 18 n he thought i was 17. we are both fine about it tho. was kinda strange wen i found out
Reply 7
it's ok i guess. i would never do it. in my mind the girl should be younger than the boy, but each to his own.
Reply 8
really don't see a problem with it - especially as ur both over 16. X
Reply 9
Age is emphatically NOT "just a number" but when it's a difference as small as a year, it really doesn't matter.
I would date futher up than i would down...maybe thats because im 18 and if you get much younger it'll be illegal. on the other hand when im 40 i sure do hope there's some 21 year old hottie after me:biggrin: so no i woudn't mind dating someone younger...especially not a year.
Reply 11
Happy_Rocker
I would date futher up than i would down...maybe thats because im 18 and if you get much younger it'll be illegal. on the other hand when im 40 i sure do hope there's some 21 year old hottie after me:biggrin: so no i woudn't mind dating someone younger...especially not a year.

so why can't i find any interested 40 year olds:confused:
HagerVor
so why can't i find any interested 40 year olds:confused:

awwwww:biggrin: :biggrin:
it matters to me. i'd just feel a bit weird being in a relationship with a younger guy. like i was babysitting or something. however, there's an exception if the guy is mature for his age. i act INCREDIBLY childish but i'm talking about emotional maturity.
My boyfriend is 20 and I'm almost 22. We've been together for nearly 4 years and it's never been a problem!
Reply 15
apricot
no jus i found out my bf is 17. i thought he was 18 n he thought i was 17. we are both fine about it tho. was kinda strange wen i found out

:eek: erm how did that happen? didn't you talk before hand?
dh00001
:eek: erm how did that happen? didn't you talk before hand?

lol exactly.

you didnt know how old your boyfriend was?
its a well known fact that girls dont like boys, girls like cars and money.

Thats why they dont go for the younger ones.
if it works, go with it.

I've dated older girls and it's only been a problem if someone makes an issue of it. Anyway, just a year's almost nothing as far as stages of life go, what's more important is that you're emotionally on the same level, right?

Peace,
m
The thing is i think most girls DO kind of mind this younger boys thing, even if they know it does not really matter but subconciously they might feel a little uncomfortable about it. However as you get older I think this issue becomes less important. I personally would feel slightly uncomfortable going out with a younger guy, though if i REALLY liked him i would still go for it.i guess its because i like the idea of having an older guy (not TOO old though!) to look after me. I have a friend, who sorta got involed with this guy who was only afew months junior than her and she felt slightly uncomfortable with it, but then i guess she just sees this kind of traditional idea of a couple thing important. DOes that make sense?

Latest

Trending

Trending