The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 1
Whilst I've previously studied a module with the OU, I've never had this. According to the "module result notes" that I received with my module result, the "pending" means "the Examination and Assessment Board is unable to determine a module result in the time available and gives a pending result". They also say that they try to issue results ASAP. From this, I can guess that your result is a difficult case, although that is strange, since the Open University normally publishes mark boundaries for modules. Obviously, the mark boundaries have been set, but they're not sure what mark to give you.

By the way (out of interest), what module is this result from?

R
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Hi I Understand it has been a while since this thread had started, however I was expecting my results today and for one module it shows as pending so I was worried as to why this was? how soon did you receive your result after you were notified it was pending
Reply 3
I'm in the same boat
Original post by Samca11
I'm in the same boat

Im Slightly panicking as its my last module which determines graduation for this year. Dont know what to expect now :frown:
Reply 5
I am also in the Same situation.. it says up to six weeks but graduation bookings go live next week. Have received email 2 days ago to say my result being transferred on my student home but still pending
Original post by Manda.91
I am also in the Same situation.. it says up to six weeks but graduation bookings go live next week. Have received email 2 days ago to say my result being transferred on my student home but still pending

Same here :frown: dont know what to do now... what course was yours for? Mine is for DD305
Reply 7
Student team can’t help as they can’t access the results so they can’t advise what to do either. Mine’s for e210 towards childcare foundation degree
Did any of you with pending result,received it yet?Im in same boat
Reply 9
Just got mine last Thursday better than expected
I still did not receive anything yet. Its just very stressful.
Samca11,how many weeks did it take to get your results?
i know this post is old but wondering how long you waited for your results. I have just got a pending today and worried I have failed
Reply 12
Hello I have had sane issue results pending. It is my degree classification also. I Wanted to know if they actually take 6 weeks. Or did people get them sooner? Please reply
Original post by ib407
Hello I have had sane issue results pending. It is my degree classification also. I Wanted to know if they actually take 6 weeks. Or did people get them sooner? Please reply

I’ve known one person that got theirs 4 days later, but most that I’ve known have taken closer to the 6 week mark.
It’s a horrible feeling when you just want it to be over and know how you have done.
Original post by GabiAbi84
I’ve known one person that got theirs 4 days later, but most that I’ve known have taken closer to the 6 week mark.
It’s a horrible feeling when you just want it to be over and know how you have done.

Thank you for your response. I know, was so hard waiting 2 months. Just hope it doesn't take 6 weeks.
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your response. I know, was so hard waiting 2 months. Just hope it doesn't take 6 weeks.

I wish they would have said what boundaries we were between so we’d know if we had to resit or not. I don’t want to spend the next 6 weeks revising. Although, I feel I have to resit. I had an issue on exam day so I know I haven’t done well. I was just hoping it was enough to scrape a pass. I don’t have the heart to open my file to see the stupid mistakes I made because of it. 6 weeks is too long let’s hope they come in sooner!
Original post by Madis0n
I wish they would have said what boundaries we were between so we’d know if we had to resit or not. I don’t want to spend the next 6 weeks revising. Although, I feel I have to resit. I had an issue on exam day so I know I haven’t done well. I was just hoping it was enough to scrape a pass. I don’t have the heart to open my file to see the stupid mistakes I made because of it. 6 weeks is too long let’s hope they come in sooner!

Don't worry you will have done better then you thought. I didn't have an exam but an EMA. I do hope they give the results soon its worse waiting knowing others have there's. I was being investigated for plagiarism over really silly things. The tutor agreed it made no sense. So she said she will put a word in also. I'm really worried. Hope it turns out well.

Latest