The Student Room Group

Perfect outfit for the pub, late afternoon/evening?

Going to meet a guy who is 10 years older than me next week, on a wednesday afternoon at a pub at around 6pm.

What do I wear to a) look appropriately dressed for the time and place and b) look old enough for him?
I suppose it depends how old you are (are you 18 and he's 28, or are you 30 and he's 40?), and the sort of pub you're going to. A dingy backstreet pub on a rough estate will have a different usual standard of dress to a city centre gastropub.

There's no set way to dress, but if you want to look more mature, the easiest way is to avoid certain 'young/casual' clothing items like hoodies, Converse/Vans etc, skinny jeans (unless you're female), band t-shirts, oddly-coloured/cut chinos, and so on.
Reply 2
Original post by russellsteapot
I suppose it depends how old you are (are you 18 and he's 28, or are you 30 and he's 40?), and the sort of pub you're going to. A dingy backstreet pub on a rough estate will have a different usual standard of dress to a city centre gastropub.

There's no set way to dress, but if you want to look more mature, the easiest way is to avoid certain 'young/casual' clothing items like hoodies, Converse/Vans etc, skinny jeans (unless you're female), band t-shirts, oddly-coloured/cut chinos, and so on.

I'm female, 23, hes 32! forgot to mention those details.
Original post by Gabe9999
Going to meet a guy who is 10 years older than me next week, on a wednesday afternoon at a pub at around 6pm.

What do I wear to a) look appropriately dressed for the time and place and b) look old enough for him?

I would say black skinny jeans with a nice vest top and blazer and either sandals or wedges. Accessorise with a nice bag and jewellery and do something mature with ur hair and make up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending