The Student Room Group

How to get released from your insurance?

Hi guys, this is my first post
I just wanted to know what happens if you dont get into your firm choice and get accepted to your insurance but you dont want to go there under any circumstances AT ALL!?
How long does it take to be released from them ect, are they willing to release you?
Anyone been under such circumstances that they can share their experience?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Simply phone up the admissions office and ask to be released.

They won't have a problem with it; after all, if you don't want to study there, they probably don't want you to study there.

Most will do it very quickly as they'd rather have their systems up to date :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ItsMee1234
Hi guys, this is my first post
I just wanted to know what happens if you dont get into your firm choice and get accepted to your insurance but you dont want to go there under any circumstances AT ALL!?
How long does it take to be released from them ect, are they willing to release you?
Anyone been under such circumstances that they can share their experience?

Wondering, what made you accept the insurance offer in the first place? :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by Jkizer
Wondering, what made you accept the insurance offer in the first place? :redface:

because i was naive... I thought i wouldn't mind studying the course at the time i applied but realised I would be ridiculously unwise to take it up ....and the course is boring...uni rubbish
Reply 4
If u do this on results day, it could take a long time before they do release you into clearing which may mean you have less choices available in clearing. You might be better off contacting them to reject you now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Results day will be busy for admin office thats why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by naijaboyc
If u do this on results day, it could take a long time before they do release you into clearing which may mean you have less choices available in clearing. You might be better off contacting them to reject you now

Posted from TSR Mobile

so I could end up with no insurance on results day, or can I change to a different insurance at this stage??
Reply 7
Original post by DarkWhite
Simply phone up the admissions office and ask to be released.

They won't have a problem with it; after all, if you don't want to study there, they probably don't want you to study there.

Most will do it very quickly as they'd rather have their systems up to date :smile:

Thank you :smile: im nervous though, i definantly know I dont want to go there but what do I say when I ring admissions
Reply 8
Thank you :smile: im nervous though, i definantly know I dont want to go there but what do I say when I ring admissions

Just call and say you'd like to be released from your Insurance choice in preparation for results day, as you've decided it's not the right place for you to study :smile:
You need to do this asap - as several posters have pointed out, admissions offices will be inundated on results day.
Reply 10
Just call and say you'd like to be released from your Insurance choice in preparation for results day, as you've decided it's not the right place for you to study :smile:

They wont hold a grudge or anything right?
and does this mean i would no longer hold an insurance
what details would i need? Ucas track login ect?
Reply 11
Original post by ageshallnot
You need to do this asap - as several posters have pointed out, admissions offices will be inundated on results day.

ring them on monday? prob closed on a saturday right?
They wont hold a grudge or anything right?
and does this mean i would no longer hold an insurance
what details would i need? Ucas track login ect?

UCAS/Track number will probably be helpful, along with what course you were planning on studying, in case they need to put you through to someone in an academic school/department/faculty.

They won't hold a grudge at all. Universities don't want to give out offers to students who don't want to study there, and they understand that their university isn't right for everybody!

You wouldn't hold an Insurance choice. It would however mean that you could go through Clearing. If you try and decline your Insurance choice on A Level results day, you're going to wait for them to release you on the day, and when their admissions team is dealing with calls from people wanting to study there, doing you a favour isn't top of their priorities list!

Yes, do it on Monday :smile:
ring them on monday? prob closed on a saturday right?

Yes bound to be closed. Have all your Ucas details, course numbers etc. Also, as others have said, get the name, job title of the person to whom you talk, and make notes of the conversation.

Also prepare what you are going to say to make sure it's clear.
Reply 14
Its too late to get a different insurance. Ull have ur firm only if you call em up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
UCAS/Track number will probably be helpful, along with what course you were planning on studying, in case they need to put you through to someone in an academic school/department/faculty.

They won't hold a grudge at all. Universities don't want to give out offers to students who don't want to study there, and they understand that their university isn't right for everybody!

You wouldn't hold an Insurance choice. It would however mean that you could go through Clearing. If you try and decline your Insurance choice on A Level results day, you're going to wait for them to release you on the day, and when their admissions team is dealing with calls from people wanting to study there, doing you a favour isn't top of their priorities list!

Yes, do it on Monday :smile:

Thank you :smile: Its been driving me nuts thinking about how I could go about it :/
Reply 16
Original post by ageshallnot
Yes bound to be closed. Have all your Ucas details, course numbers etc. Also, as others have said, get the name, job title of the person to whom you talk, and make notes of the conversation.

Also prepare what you are going to say to make sure it's clear.

Maybe a confirmation email too?
Thank you, your advice has genuinely helped
Reply 17
because i was naive... I thought i wouldn't mind studying the course at the time i applied but realised I would be ridiculously unwise to take it up ....and the course is boring...uni rubbish

Oh do you mind if i ask what course/uni? I'm sure there will be many good clearing spots up for grabs, if you do not reach your firms offer!

Was it further research into your insurance after you accepted it that you realised it wasn't for you?
Reply 18
Original post by Jkizer
Oh do you mind if i ask what course/uni? I'm sure there will be many good clearing spots up for grabs, if you do not reach your firms offer!

Was it further research into your insurance after you accepted it that you realised it wasn't for you?

Coventry for History
I never considered that id actually have to go there :/
Maybe a confirmation email too?
Thank you, your advice has genuinely helped

Yes indeed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending