The Student Room Group

Birkbeck Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey all, I'm starting soon! Studying Journalism and Media, I'm up for this so count me in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
When's the meet up....I'm heading to the Facebook page to check it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by lizzel
When's the meet up....I'm heading to the Facebook page to check it out

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the Facebook page called??
Reply 63
Original post by mkymerr
Hi, i'm Matt, i will be starting my first year in october, im studying philosophy so im just looking to meet a few people who are doing the same. i'm not really too sure how this site works but anyone who's looking to make a few new friends before we start study, hit me up. I dont want to turn up day one not knowing a single person. also, the freshers week thing is confusing me a little too. are we having one or are birkbeck just piggy backing on to ULU's? hope to hear from a bunch of you soon :smile:

Hey there! I'm doing Philosophy but with history and politics, and yeah the whole freshers things confusing me too, Agree it would be nice to know somebody when I come to birkbeck! If you try to PM me though bear with me I can't work out how to use it! X
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 64
Alright let's clarify things a little: Birkbeck, although being largely untraditional compared to many universities, does have Freshers events that will take place throughout next week. The freshers night is on the 27th, from 4 PM onwards at the George, which is actually a fully licensed bar in the basement of Birkbeck's SU (yes, we are that cool :cool:)

The meet up starts at 4:30-4:45ish, right after the ULU Freshers Fayre, in front of the mybirkbeck helpdesk. As the ULU Welcome Party only starts at 7, we can join the Birkbeck freshers one, that starts at 4.
Original post by Smithy! :)
Hey there! I noticed this feed and I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm studying politics, philosophy and history is anybody else on the undergrad programme? My name's Liz by the way and it'd be nice to have some friends when I come to Birkbeck! Quite scared about it all actually, so is it alright if I join this meet-up....if I do come, forgive me I can be a bit giggly if I'm nervous! Be nice to meet you all! Xx

Hi Liz, finally someone studying the same course as me. I checked moodle and not many studying pph, so I thought it would be difficult to find someone on the same course.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 66
Hello students!

I would love to come to Fresher's, it's just that I don't know anyone... I am doing BSc Biomedicine... It would be fun to meet new people.

By the way, I have added you Rebeca Maria Madrid on Facebook. My facebook name is Terrae Filia- Paulyna :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 67
Hey, I'm Ria. Starting the course in Politics, Geography and History. I work full time as well but have joined a couple societies and would love to meet some fellow students during freshers :-)
Reply 68
Original post by HyperInSugar
Alright let's clarify things a little: Birkbeck, although being largely untraditional compared to many universities, does have Freshers events that will take place throughout next week. The freshers night is on the 27th, from 4 PM onwards at the George, which is actually a fully licensed bar in the basement of Birkbeck's SU (yes, we are that cool :cool:)

The meet up starts at 4:30-4:45ish, right after the ULU Freshers Fayre, in front of the mybirkbeck helpdesk. As the ULU Welcome Party only starts at 7, we can join the Birkbeck freshers one, that starts at 4.

Thanks for organizing this! I will join you (and I added you on fb).
Reply 69
Original post by sophieb94
Ah that's cool! Is your induction 4th October?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yupyup! it is xD
Reply 70
I'm up for Friday. I'm studying business

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we have to wear a fancy dress tomorrow for the Welcome Party at ULU? Because I don't really know what to wear and It's last minute to look for a costume. Can't wait to see everyone :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by lolaohmelia
Do we have to wear a fancy dress tomorrow for the Welcome Party at ULU? Because I don't really know what to wear and It's last minute to look for a costume. Can't wait to see everyone :smile:

I won't be dressing up tomorrow. I think there's a couple other people who aren't as well. So you won't be alone if you decide not to dress up.
Hi guys, it' Zubair.. I had a good time today and thanks for organising it :smile:.. But i had to leave early for footy :/..
Reply 74
I had an awesome time yesterday xD
nice meeting everyone x

This is Stella btw.
Is anyone going to the roller disco tomorrow? :smile: it was nice seeing everyone :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I might go.. Never been to something like that!
Reply 77
I sure am ^^
​Me too! :biggrin:
Are you guys meeting up with the rest like before? Don't really wanna go there by myself and get bored lol..

Quick Reply