Holland & Barrett retail trail work day

Watch
Flounder1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I got through my interview and now I have a trail work day tomorrow I was wondering if anyone had any tips? It's my first job and I want to impress them

Posted from TSR Mobile
cgowans
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Flounder1)
I got through my interview and now I have a trail work day tomorrow I was wondering if anyone had any tips? It's my first job and I want to impress them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, Flounder 1! I'm a supervisor with Holland and Barrett so happy to answer any questions the biggest thing to remember is greet EVERY customer with an open question for example, "Hi, how are you today?". Also always make sure you have a task to do but remember customers first, if you see a customer approach you then drop your tools and do your greet or ask "how can I help? " remember you will have your colleagues there to answer customer questions that your unable to, if you attempt to assist a customer this will really look good on your assessment.

I hope I helped
Flounder1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by cgowans)
Hey, Flounder 1! I'm a supervisor with Holland and Barrett so happy to answer any questions the biggest thing to remember is greet EVERY customer with an open question for example, "Hi, how are you today?". Also always make sure you have a task to do but remember customers first, if you see a customer approach you then drop your tools and do your greet or ask "how can I help? " remember you will have your colleagues there to answer customer questions that your unable to, if you attempt to assist a customer this will really look good on your assessment.

I hope I helped
Thankyou! If you were assessing someone, what would make them stand out?? I don't know much about product knowledge, so if someone came up to me asking a specific question, should I try to transfer them to someone else?
cgowans
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Someone who is very friendly and can easily spark a conversation would stand out to me. Always smile and never leave a customer standing looking stranded and confused, our store can be like an aladdin's cave to customers so be their guide Treat the customer like your friend and get a smile out of them. If you can do all those on your trial then your laughing a tip to helping customers on your trial is remember the different sections of the store, it will have big signs up above each section so it will be easy for you to identify such as join and bone care, memory and vision and so on. If you dont know what catagory the item falls under your customer is looking for then ask them "what are you taking it for?". Show your manager that you are willing to try your besy to assist the customers without passing them on to anothet staff member, we like people who are willing to learn
Kay_co
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What type of Clothes should I wear for the trial? Will I get given the top and jumper x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (427)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (525)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.96%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (228)
5.98%
Loneliness (319)
8.37%
Financial worries (141)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (149)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.46%
Lack of real life entertainment (217)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (341)
8.95%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (358)
9.39%

Watched Threads