Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJAW)
    dainty duck made one with a long opening post. you could add to that.

Earlier on I posted some word documents in which I collected together all the relevant stuff for people to print off/view quicker, without having to sift through off-topic posts. one for content, one for structure and one for Q2. just click the links and download, I've found it SO useful having all the sheets stuck up on my cupboard so I can quickly reference stuff for annotation/deciding how to do the exam.
    hi, about the links...i am havin real trouble tryin 2 open it!lol, every time i'd click on it, the page wud not display!!! n e reason y???
    thanx:confused:

ReputationRep:
    it is a 2and half hour exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjaminmumford)
    i think it is 2 hours on the first bit and half hour on the second!! (the approachesthing)
    cool thank you. WHat do you reckon is the best way to answer the question. In my practice exam i focused on the two unseens and made lots and lots of links to the other texts.

Do you think its better to do one text at a time (u have to do 2 unseen 2 pre release) and make links or do it by just linking them all???? Any suggestions would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    how is text 1 feminist!?!
    because when is ever a woman mentioned.. and if contextually.. it is about Beckett in war etc.. all men men men..therefore showing men were inferior in society at that time < not that significant but could be something to mention if you run out of things to say...

ReputationRep:
    id say 1 hour n 45 on first n 45 on the second

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofia1)
    hi, about the links...i am havin real trouble tryin 2 open it!lol, every time i'd click on it, the page wud not display!!! n e reason y???
    thanx:confused:
    Which page are you on on the messageboard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulu7)
    because when is ever a woman mentioned.. and if contextually.. it is about Beckett in war etc.. all men men men..therefore showing men were inferior in society at that time < not that significant but could be something to mention if you run out of things to say...
    do you mean men wher superior ? not inferior?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antinerd)
    cool thank you. WHat do you reckon is the best way to answer the question. In my practice exam i focused on the two unseens and made lots and lots of links to the other texts.

Do you think its better to do one text at a time (u have to do 2 unseen 2 pre release) and make links or do it by just linking them all???? Any suggestions would be appreciated
    well our teacher suggested that we spend half hour analysisng the two unseen and then spend 45 min comparing 2 and another 45 comparing the other 2!! duno if it is right but i feel more comfortable doing it that way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazygurl)
    Some ideas for text 1

Life is occupied by waiting. In Waiting for Godot, Becket presents the suffering of the human condition. Godot is about two beings who talk about nothing, experience the drudgery of life. In Waiting for Godot, Beckett uses Estragon and Vladimir to symbolize man’s physical and mental state. Estragon represents the physical side of man, while Vladimir represents the intellectual side of man. Vladimir constantly “Takes off his hat, peers inside it, feels about inside it, shakes it, puts it on again. Through this action Vladimir is shown to be searching for answers in his hat, which symbolizes his using knowledge and his intellectual capability for solving problems. They have a friendship that is bonded by their differences. Without one another they would be lost, just like without the intellectual side of man, the physical side would be lost, and vice versa.
    wow that is very good.. good expression xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulu7)
    ahh kool thanks

ReputationRep:
    well our teacher suggested that we spend half hour analysisng the two unseen and then spend 45 min comparing 2 and another 45 comparing the other 2!! duno if it is right but i feel more comfortable doing it that way!
    Think i'm going to go with half an hour on each text, then half an hour on question 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitarjoe)
    Yeah, me too, tis a lifesaver. I`m noticing that there are lots of `new members` now and not too many of the wise old sages online. Does that mean they have gone to bed, early night? What am I doing? I need sleep!:eek:
    i am an original .. i amstill here ! :P xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antinerd)
    Think i'm going to go with half an hour on each text, then half an hour on question 2.
    that does sound better! might do that way instead! lol thanks! you have just rele helped me!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry- i'm being really paranoid here- but the exam does start at 1pm doesn't it? I've checked like a million times- but I remember for my AS exams when I got the wrong day for my media exam and my teacher called my house as the exam was starting- i was still in bed!

ReputationRep:
    Hav ppl identified the lexis within text 4 which is related to justice, "judge" & "jury"....showing how he values justice thru the way in which the "pampered aristocrats" are elucidated.

ReputationRep:
    nope starts at 2

ReputationRep:
    do you mean men wher superior ? not inferior?
    ha yeh .. i meant men were superior.. sorry it bin a longgg day of 3 exams :P xx thanks for correctin meee xxx

ReputationRep:
    that does sound better! might do that way instead! lol thanks! you have just rele helped me!
    No worries dude, good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldStar)
    Sorry- i'm being really paranoid here- but the exam does start at 1pm doesn't it? I've checked like a million times- but I remember for my AS exams when I got the wrong day for my media exam and my teacher called my house as the exam was starting- i was still in bed!
    it is on the front of the pre released texts!

ReputationRep:
    nope starts at 2
    She lies :p: tis 1:15 i assure you

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.