How Much Is Your Accomodation And Is It Worth It?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
hildabeast
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My accomodation costs around £80 per week, so that would work out at around £2400 for the year. That only covers full term though, so you have to pay for additional weeks you stay, and there is no ensuite. Hence I am definitely looking forward to living out next year and saving myself a packet.
sparkler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
.. Brian Creamer house.
that isn't its real name, is it!!!??
[-David-]
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'll be paying £2,059.05 a year for teesside.

Parkside House, self catered.
MuvverRussia
Report 15 years ago
Last year I paid £80 a week for 31 weeks a year (so around £2500)- it was ok, but it was old, the rooms were small and there was 1 shower for 16 people (LSE Rosebery hall). This year I'm paying just over £100 a week for 40 weeks a year (so around £4000) for a brand new ensuite room further out- it's a much better deal in my opinion, as the rooms are almost twice the size and there is a proper kitchen and stuff.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
Durham is £3000.

Quite good as you get all yuor meals but it's that charge wherever you are, single or shared, en suite or not....
I think it's alright though.... plus the fact that everywhere is so near.

And they pay for the electricty and such.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
About £3400 per year and IMHO I'm being screwed for a single room, S/C and shared facilities.... :rolleyes: It better be as good as all the people I have spoken to have said otherwise I'm planning some serious revenge!!!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
I shall second all of that seeing as we seem to be identical. SPOOKY!

What did you put as your 3rd choice by the way? I put.. Brian Creamer house.
Spooky again me too! I probably would never have put that had Kingslaw not brought it too my attention...
Philibob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
£2,108.26 for ensuite at Teesside (Woodlands Halls)
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
About £3400 per year and IMHO I'm being screwed for a single room, S/C and shared facilities.... :rolleyes: It better be as good as all the people I have spoken to have said otherwise I'm planning some serious revenge!!!
Wow that is a lot especially for Self Catering is it in London though?

Mine costs £99 a week catered which is about £3200ish a year, bang goes my student loan
Bitewing
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mine was only £43 a week, - not sure what that works out at for the year. Cheap and cheerful, but I loved it!
Liverbird
Report 15 years ago
Mine's £4000 at Oxford Brookes...tis for a 50 week let but that's still £80 p/w for en-suite and self catering.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wow, looking at some of the prices flying around here, I'm quite horrified! Mine was £660 a term, so £1980 for the year, for an en-suite set. On top of that there was £86 a term Kitchen fixed charge, and any food on top of that, but I reckon I never spent more than £70 in the canteen and maybe a little more than that at Sainsbury's. Not bad going

Next year's will be cheaper (£583 a term) but further out, smaller and no en-suite.
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i paid £2490 for a room which was 3m by 5m and had an ensuite bathroom with daily maid service, this was at warwick and was imho somewhat of a bargain. Was self catering though
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
Wow that is a lot especially for Self Catering is it in London though?
Nope its in Edinburgh, I think they seriously need to rethink thier price structure!!! :rolleyes:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I live at home but if I didn't my halls would cost £45 a week
icklehc
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i will be living at home whether i get my 1st or 2nd choice so FREE!
unless my parents decide to make me pay rent
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cheap
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
My mortgage costs me £70 a week - including house insurance and life insurance and a bunch of other insurance but not including bills (another £5 a week for electricity, £9 for council tax and £5.50 for internet).
£70/week? Are you paying interest only or repayments?

How much deposit?

Are you living in a shack or something?

Sorry for all the questions.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
some quick calculations (we pay 'battels' rather than just accomodation) - at ~£11 a night i will have paid £2079 this year. no other fixed kitchen/utility charges etc.

this year that got me a pretty decent sized room with sink.

& next year i have a set, whoo hoo! (could have had an en suite, but the idea of more room appealed more, & sharing a shower with 2 other people isn't that much of a hardship)

cost should be fairly similar, may be a slight rise year to year, but we all pay the same for accomodation.

am looking forward to a palatial 3rd year room!
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mine was about £80 a week, which I think is fairly decent. Though rents are going up pretty much university wide next year, good thing I'm getting out.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (85)
14.07%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (50)
8.28%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (75)
12.42%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (67)
11.09%
Other reasons are stopping me going (79)
13.08%
Nothing is stopping me going (248)
41.06%

Watched Threads