How Much Is Your Accomodation And Is It Worth It? Watch

This discussion is closed.
hildabeast
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My accomodation costs around £80 per week, so that would work out at around £2400 for the year. That only covers full term though, so you have to pay for additional weeks you stay, and there is no ensuite. Hence I am definitely looking forward to living out next year and saving myself a packet.
sparkler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
.. Brian Creamer house.
that isn't its real name, is it!!!??
[-David-]
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'll be paying £2,059.05 a year for teesside.

Parkside House, self catered.
MuvverRussia
Report 14 years ago
Last year I paid £80 a week for 31 weeks a year (so around £2500)- it was ok, but it was old, the rooms were small and there was 1 shower for 16 people (LSE Rosebery hall). This year I'm paying just over £100 a week for 40 weeks a year (so around £4000) for a brand new ensuite room further out- it's a much better deal in my opinion, as the rooms are almost twice the size and there is a proper kitchen and stuff.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
Durham is £3000.

Quite good as you get all yuor meals but it's that charge wherever you are, single or shared, en suite or not....
I think it's alright though.... plus the fact that everywhere is so near.

And they pay for the electricty and such.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 14 years ago
About £3400 per year and IMHO I'm being screwed for a single room, S/C and shared facilities.... :rolleyes: It better be as good as all the people I have spoken to have said otherwise I'm planning some serious revenge!!!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
I shall second all of that seeing as we seem to be identical. SPOOKY!

What did you put as your 3rd choice by the way? I put.. Brian Creamer house.
Spooky again me too! I probably would never have put that had Kingslaw not brought it too my attention...
Philibob
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
£2,108.26 for ensuite at Teesside (Woodlands Halls)
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
About £3400 per year and IMHO I'm being screwed for a single room, S/C and shared facilities.... :rolleyes: It better be as good as all the people I have spoken to have said otherwise I'm planning some serious revenge!!!
Wow that is a lot especially for Self Catering is it in London though?

Mine costs £99 a week catered which is about £3200ish a year, bang goes my student loan
Bitewing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mine was only £43 a week, - not sure what that works out at for the year. Cheap and cheerful, but I loved it!
Liverbird
Report 14 years ago
Mine's £4000 at Oxford Brookes...tis for a 50 week let but that's still £80 p/w for en-suite and self catering.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wow, looking at some of the prices flying around here, I'm quite horrified! Mine was £660 a term, so £1980 for the year, for an en-suite set. On top of that there was £86 a term Kitchen fixed charge, and any food on top of that, but I reckon I never spent more than £70 in the canteen and maybe a little more than that at Sainsbury's. Not bad going

Next year's will be cheaper (£583 a term) but further out, smaller and no en-suite.
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i paid £2490 for a room which was 3m by 5m and had an ensuite bathroom with daily maid service, this was at warwick and was imho somewhat of a bargain. Was self catering though
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
Wow that is a lot especially for Self Catering is it in London though?
Nope its in Edinburgh, I think they seriously need to rethink thier price structure!!! :rolleyes:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I live at home but if I didn't my halls would cost £45 a week
icklehc
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i will be living at home whether i get my 1st or 2nd choice so FREE!
unless my parents decide to make me pay rent
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cheap
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
My mortgage costs me £70 a week - including house insurance and life insurance and a bunch of other insurance but not including bills (another £5 a week for electricity, £9 for council tax and £5.50 for internet).
£70/week? Are you paying interest only or repayments?

How much deposit?

Are you living in a shack or something?

Sorry for all the questions.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
some quick calculations (we pay 'battels' rather than just accomodation) - at ~£11 a night i will have paid £2079 this year. no other fixed kitchen/utility charges etc.

this year that got me a pretty decent sized room with sink.

& next year i have a set, whoo hoo! (could have had an en suite, but the idea of more room appealed more, & sharing a shower with 2 other people isn't that much of a hardship)

cost should be fairly similar, may be a slight rise year to year, but we all pay the same for accomodation.

am looking forward to a palatial 3rd year room!
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mine was about £80 a week, which I think is fairly decent. Though rents are going up pretty much university wide next year, good thing I'm getting out.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (75)
27.68%
No (196)
72.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed