How Much Is Your Accomodation And Is It Worth It? Watch

This discussion is closed.
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my room last yearin a catered hall in Bristol (excluding insurance, caution money and JCR) was about 3100 and this year it'll be 3300. My room is huge and the hall is lovely. I feel sorry for people in some of the crapper halls hear though because all of the prices are about the same whether you're in teh best or hte crappest catered halls. I thought i was being riped off until I saw that some people were paying almost 4 grand for uni accomodation.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm paying just over £4,000 for 42 weeks (plus £500 and an extra 4 weeks due to a screw up in their offices!) for a room with en suite in central London. I thought I was being ripped off for £99.75 a week but then I looked at the London accomodation pages in the newspaper and saw I was getting a great deal. £400 pw for a one bedroom shared flat with no en suite. Pah
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mine was £72.24 a week for an ensuite room - lovely and big and well worth the £2700 odd it was for the 38 weeks I had it.

Next year am paying £225 a month for a shared house - 5 girls and one bathroom - not including any internet/phone/gas/electricity/water bills!
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'll be paying £3,600 a year (52 weeks) in Central London (not including bills). Washing machine (bliss), dish washer (double bliss) and a good bus route to campus
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
£400 pw for a one bedroom shared flat with no en suite. Pah
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now that would be a friendly flat share
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So after all this talk, what is considered "decent" for

a) self-catered
b) catered

???

Would anyone please offer some opinions? I'm an international student and I'm okay with 3000 pounds p.a. for catered.
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Spooky again me too! I probably would never have put that had Kingslaw not brought it too my attention...
Woo! A reference!

I put down Brian Creamer as first choice in the end. Hope to God I get it...or at least hope to God I dont get Wolfson House or Kings Hall.

Brian Creamer was only around £3000 and it looks pretty nice (compared to some).
p8224
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if i get the grades, i'll be paying £92 a week for a small en-suite, self-catered apartment. I think it's pretty reasonable considering it's in London
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If I get into my first choice at Leeds it will cost me £3150 for self catering with ensuite. (£78.75 per wk). 24 hour interent access is included with the rent.
eternalsunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
Woo! A reference!

I put down Brian Creamer as first choice in the end. Hope to God I get it...or at least hope to God I dont get Wolfson House or Kings Hall.

Brian Creamer was only around £3000 and it looks pretty nice (compared to some).
I've kind of gotten over my utter need for ensuite now - think that if I was applying again I might JUST put it as my first choice instead of third.. The rooms look like they are bigger than stamford street.. But as it's only for 69 students I wouldnt have thought i'd end up there, unless i'd put it as my first choice.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%