The Student Room Group

Have you ever rejected or been rejected by someone dating wise?

title says it really

i have been rejected one by a girl , basically my mate asked this girl when i was about 10 for me ,she said no but i didnt want to go out with her anyway so it wasnt too bad , i dont know why he did it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes. He didn't want another LDR. Looking back, I do see his point. Not sure I wanted my first relationship as an LDR.
Yes. Been rejected by loads of guys. I've also rejected some guys. I even rejected by current boyfriend at first, but very soon realised the errors of my ways, haha :biggrin:
Reply 3
Would have been better titled 'Have you ever not been rejected by someone dating-wise' in my case :frown:
I've never been rejected, I liked one guy but I never really asked him out or whatever. He just knew I liked him but kinda ignored me. Being dumped hurts a whooole lot worse than rejection imo.

I've rejected a couple of people, one was a lesbian which was kinda awkward since I am straight but generally I find it really hard to say no to people so I agree to go out with them and then say it isn't working like two weeks later :frown: I'm a bad person. It probably gets their hopes up :') but I feel sooooooo mean saying no to their face. Meep.
Reply 5
I've rejected people who liked me a few times. Never been rejected myself because I don't put myself out there and I've only ever admitted my feelings to someone if I was confident they felt the same. :tongue:
I've been rejected everytime I've shown an interest in a guy, except for one. I've never rejected anyone.
Reply 7
Yes. Her reasons were understandable though, trying to run before I could walk. And I think the circumstances were against me anyways, which is through no fault of her own. Would still like to be friends, though not sure if she feels the same.

Have I rejected someone before? Yes, two people - well three. Mostly during times when I clearly wasn't mature enough for a relationship - had to tell them straight away to prevent any upsets etc.
Original post by alex193
Would have been better titled 'Have you ever not been rejected by someone dating-wise' in my case :frown:

tumblr_m6hql6hnti1r9y0s2o1_500.jpg
Once by a friend I foolishly waited a year to tell so I could see it coming. We stopped talking after that.
Original post by SirMasterKey
tumblr_m6hql6hnti1r9y0s2o1_500.jpg

This :rofl2:

and the funniest thing about forever alones, is that they dont want to date eachother :lol:
Reply 11
I was rejected by a guy I really liked when I was 15. He claimed he 'wasn't ready for a relationship' then started dating a friend of mine not long after. Memories. :moon:
I've only ever asked one person out and she rejected me so 100% success rate! Never rejected anyone because no one has ever asked :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yeah. When I was about 7 :ahee:
Rejection makes it sound like they have a choice :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Yeah, thankfully.
Reply 16
lol I don't think I'd actually feel capable of rejecting someone, not that I need to worry about that situation ever arising! And yes been rejected many times, painfully...remember being so hurt/angry I bit a chunk out of my German book once :colondollar:
I've never had the opportunity to reject :rofl:

I've never been rejected but I've never asked :colondollar:
Reply 18
Original post by eliza.anne
I was rejected by a guy I really liked when I was 15. He claimed he 'wasn't ready for a relationship' then started dating a friend of mine not long after. Memories. :moon:

Sorry this might sound a bit mean but that really made me laugh really hard. :smile:
Reply 19
Never had the opportunity to reject or be rejected. The one guy I've ever had a crush on at the age of 15, I never approached and then I switched schools. :sigh:

I've been told I had a bit of an ice queen demeanour and never really got on much with people my own age, I wasn't one for enticing guys. I thought they were all grossly immature and they likely thought I was extremely stuck-up. :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending