Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1 part water, 1 part apple cider vinegar.

And from good supermarkets and natural food stores.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Profesh, good to see that you have signed up officially. -oh, and are you enjoying Bristol? Lived here for a long time...

ReputationRep:
    My next free piece of advice.

To minimise risk of split ends; occasionally rub jojoba oil into the ends of your hair. Leave for 10 mins and then wash out.

Really works!

ReputationRep:
    little help please im trying to grow my hair long (on that list, im between bad hair stages 1 and 2), but whenever i wash it, with or withour conditioner, my hair just explodes into a massive fluffy uncontrollable mess and the only solution is to grease it up good, or to only have showers in the evening and sleep it off. anything i can do, or will it get better the longer it gets? im not too keen on covering my head in vinegar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    little help please im trying to grow my hair long (on that list, im between bad hair stages 1 and 2), but whenever i wash it, with or withour conditioner, my hair just explodes into a massive fluffy uncontrollable mess and the only solution is to grease it up good, or to only have showers in the evening and sleep it off. anything i can do, or will it get better the longer it gets? im not too keen on covering my head in vinegar
    What kind of shampoo are you using? - if that's happening you're using the wrong kind for your hair.

Have you tried washing your hair in cold water?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    My advice would be to use more conditioner, and make sure you really spread it throughout your hair from the roots to the tips. Leave it on for a few minutes too, and then make sure you rinse it out thoroughly.

Do you blow-dry your hair afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juicy Fruit)

Do you blow-dry your hair afterwards?
    good point juicy, (thats why i reccomended washing in cold water) because heat does damage hair like that.

ReputationRep:
    Martin Lopez, the drummer from Opeth (although he's left now, apparently)... :love:

An example of long hair done right on men:

Second from the right
    Also second from the right
    Back row, on the right

ReputationRep:
    juicy - thats a bit on the dark side now isnt it?

Here are some examples of how long hair should be:

mine however, isn't really like either examples.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Yes, the dark side has consumed me - Opeth are becoming one of my favourite bands! And Martin Lopez is hot! John Petrucci was gorgeous too when he had long hair...

I'm not too keen on Naveen Andrews' hair though, it's too curly to be kept at that length in my opinion; it should either be a little shorter, or quite a bit longer to weigh down the curls a bit.

Gandalf though, of course, has brilliant hair. Not too keen on the grey and the damaged ends though. Do they not have conditioner in Middle Earth or has he just been taking your haircare advice? :p: (I'm kidding! )

*Prepares to get kicked out of the society.*

I'm very curious to see what your hair looks like actually... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Martin Lopez, the drummer from Opeth (although he's left now, apparently)... :love:

An example of long hair done right on men:

Second from the right
    Also second from the right
    Back row, on the right
    hahaha 1st on right on 2nd link :rofl:
    now come on...they must brush each other's hair at night...plait it, bows...they're not so tough!

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Yes, the dark side has consumed me - Opeth are becoming one of my favourite bands! And Martin Lopez is hot! John Petrucci was gorgeous too when he had long hair...

I'm not too keen on Naveen Andrews' hair though, it's too curly to be kept at that length in my opinion; it should either be a little shorter, or quite a bit longer to weigh down the curls a bit.

Gandalf though, of course, has brilliant hair. Not too keen on the grey and the damaged ends though. Do they not have conditioner in Middle Earth or has he just been taking your haircare advice? :p: (I'm kidding! )

*Prepares to get kicked out of the society.*

I'm very curious to see what your hair looks like actually... :p:

I promise to send a pic when I have a new memory card for my camera. I'm in the process of growing it back right now, just a year - just over 9 inches of hair atm.

Its curly/wavy, dark brown with lots of grey. - lots of ringlets at the back

And Naveen Andrew's hair is fine, i think that pic is where he has it slightly longer than normal and its ok, although shoulderlength would be fine too.

Opeth are really good - but If i listen to them I much prefer their mellow stuff. Have you seen the DVD concert they released?
    Although - i do have soft side for the drapery falls..

However, not my usual music genre. Acoustic for me mainly

My hair care advice is spot on!

And no-- you won't be chucked out of this society, you are an asset.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not one to join these society doo-daas, but I do have long hair. Apart from one split end where I cut off about 1cm of that single strand, nothing sharp has been near my hair since September 2003. I don't get split ends luckily so I haven't had to trim; while it'd help to neaten it up, I just wanna nail the length.

The furthest my hair reaches is roughly the middle of my back now and is about 20 inches long. My hair is very thin though and even though the 'image' part of me wants it off, it's more than that to me now. I wouldn't be able to go through with it and I'll probably just go ahead with my goal of waist length. Short hair is seriously ****.

HagerVor, from your posts you sound like a visitor of a certain forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HagerVor)
    I promise to send a pic when I have a new memory card for my camera. I'm in the process of growing it back right now, just a year - just over 9 inches of hair atm.

Its curly/wavy, dark brown with lots of grey. - lots of ringlets at the back

And Naveen Andrew's hair is fine, i think that pic is where he has it slightly longer than normal and its ok, although shoulderlength would be fine too.

Opeth are really good - but If i listen to them I much prefer their mellow stuff. Have you seen the DVD concert they released?
    Although - i do have soft side for the drapery falls..

However, not my usual music genre. Acoustic for me mainly

My hair care advice is spot on!

And no-- you won't be chucked out of this society, you are an asset.
    Haha, I'll look forward to that pic, your hair sounds very nice! :p:

I'm glad to hear you like Opeth! Yeah The Drapery Falls is an amazing song. In fact the whole of Blackwater Park is amazing! And no I haven't seen that DVD unfortunately - is it worth getting? I'm actually hoping to go see them in November, they're performing at Nottingham and Manchester!

I'm an asset eh? Hehe, that made me

ReputationRep:
    :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikernes)
    I'm not one to join these society doo-daas, but I do have long hair. Apart from one split end where I cut off about 1cm of that single strand, nothing sharp has been near my hair since September 2003. I don't get split ends luckily so I haven't had to trim; while it'd help to neaten it up, I just wanna nail the length.

The furthest my hair reaches is roughly the middle of my back now and is about 20 inches long. My hair is very thin though and even though the 'image' part of me wants it off, it's more than that to me now. I wouldn't be able to go through with it and I'll probably just go ahead with my goal of waist length. Short hair is seriously ****.

HagerVor, from your posts you sound like a visitor of a certain forum.
    :eek: that's seriously long hair. Longer than I would ever want mine. Mind you... 20 inches is longer than I would want mine.

ReputationRep:
    i had long hair.. but decided to cut it off

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtDo...search=haircut

Watch the video, then go get your shotguns.

ReputationRep:
    that was evil!

im new to long hair had short spiky hair for ages blond, red bits etc. Then finally got bored with doing what society wants and am growing it. I've got it to about 2 1/2 inches above my shoulders and am wearing a hairband (i'm always playing sport so its just practical). How long do you reckon it'd take to get to below my shoulders? Also do you ever need to thin your hair cos mines really thick like a rug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    that was evil!

im new to long hair had short spiky hair for ages blond, red bits etc. Then finally got bored with doing what society wants and am growing it. I've got it to about 2 1/2 inches above my shoulders and am wearing a hairband (i'm always playing sport so its just practical). How long do you reckon it'd take to get to below my shoulders? Also do you ever need to thin your hair cos mines really thick like a rug.
    No, you don;'t need to thin your hair. That will just give it more layers and make it harder to tie it all back. I have thick hair too.

Hair on average grows at 0.5 inches per month. So work out from that. Mine grows faster at 0.75 inches per month..

I'd say about 20 months to get below your shoulders. (from a crew cut)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.