The Student Room Group

Applying for medicine without Higher Biology?

Hello I am just entering into my 4th year of secondary learning and will be sitting my six National 5s (above Standard Grade but lower than Higher) at the end of this school year (school only permits doing six National 5s). Despite it being far off, for the past year i hope going into Medicine after high school.

Currently I am studying:

English

Mathematics

Chemistry

Physics

History

Computing

Provided I do well in my National 5s and later my Highers i plan to crash Higher Human Biology in sixth year (last year of Scottish secondary learning).

I plan to apply to Medical schools after my highers as is the norm, however because I will be applying without Biology and will be doing it next year I am worried that it will hinder my chance of being accepted.

If my extra-curriculum activities are as good as any other medical student that is accepted and I achieve a very good score in my UKCAT and lastly if I get a interview and that also goes well, will having not picked biology beforehand affect my chance of being accepted?

Has anyone been accepted into a Medical school without having picked Biology beforehand?
Reply 1
I wouldn't worry too much; I've always been under the impression they care more about chemistry.
Reply 2
Hi! I'm assuming you've applied by now, and I'm in the same position as you without biology, so how did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending