Birmingham City University - Built Environment Course

Watch
_LauraElizabeth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

My name is Laura Reid. I am currently studying at Birmingham City University on a course part of the Birmingham School of Built Environment (BSBE). I am also a BSBE mentor offering my service to new students.

I have started this thread for any new students who are looking for some advice from myself and fellow BSBE Mentors.
JustinN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by _LauraElizabeth)
Hi,

My name is Laura Reid. I am currently studying at Birmingham City University on a course part of the Birmingham School of Built Environment (BSBE). I am also a BSBE mentor offering my service to new students.

I have started this thread for any new students who are looking for some advice from myself and fellow BSBE Mentors.
Like the thread
Yasaman_mg
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello Everyone,

I'm Yasaman Meghrazian and I'm studying for a Master's in Construction Project Management at Birmingham City University ( Birmingham School of Built Environment (BSBE) ). I am also a mentor at BSBE and would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.
_LauraElizabeth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
For those starting Architectural Technology, Building Surveying, Construction Management, Planning Environment and Development, Quantity Surveying and Real Estate at Birmingham City University feel free to comment and speak to current student mentors who are happy to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jamieloughlin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, my name is Jamie Loughlin and I am about to go into my final year of the part-time Quantity Surveying degree. I have come through the HNC route and then started in the third year if the degree. I work full time for a construction consultancy company as a Quantity Surveyor.

I too am a BSBE mentor so any queries or advice I will be happy to help.
Wil Vincent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi everyone, my name's Wil, and I'm an MA student studying Environmental and Spatial Planning at BCU. I've been at the uni for four year now, and it's getting to the point some of the staff mistake me for part of the furniture!

I'm a BSBE mentor primarily for the MA Env Spatial Planning and MSc Environmental Sustainability Courses however also support Laura in her role as Planning Environment and Development mentor. I am currently a Full Time Planning Consultant, and sit as the chair of Council for the Students' Union. I can also offer support to disabled or international students should they need any general advice.

Good Luck, Welcome, and Enjoy Yourself!
Rouf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

first of all i think this is a great thread! I'm currently at oxford brookes doing a Built Environment Foundation year, I'm tempted to apply to Bham City to study Real Estate, however i can't decide whether to just stay at OB.

When it comes to statistics OB is one place higher in regards to 'Land & Property Management' but in general OB is much higher on the league board.

Also Bham City have more C/W assessment which is much more appealing as I dont perform well in exams. basically can you give me some insight so i can decide?

please do bare in mind I'm at OB already which is a pretty decent uni lol cheers guys
mozar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by _LauraElizabeth)
Hi,

Hi I am doing a HNC in construction and built envirnment. Would you know of where to signpost me to for revision materials for an exam in Construction Technology and Materials?
mr.nas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi laura, your thoughts on master of building surveying at bcu ? and building surveyors as a career future?
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed