Work dilemma Watch

This discussion is closed.
Nafisa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
one of my friends soon to be managers come on to her thorough text messages like will you come for a drink with me and come to the cinema and shes like WHAT cos he has a gfriend and hes a bit mingin and because he has authority over her plus shes workin sat an early and its just her and him should she confront him or act normally........the thing is his gfriend works there too and he goes to her would you like me if i was single etc etc

advice please
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oi help!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
one of my friends soon to be managers come on to her thorough text messages like will you come for a drink with me and come to the cinema and shes like WHAT cos he has a gfriend and hes a bit mingin and because he has authority over her plus shes workin sat an early and its just her and him should she confront him or act normally........the thing is his gfriend works there too and he goes to her would you like me if i was single etc etc

advice please
tell him to stop and just act like normal, if he does it again report him to senoir management!
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
both of you go and kick him where it hurts, not really but would be good if you could. She should keep the texts, tell him to get lost, if he carries on tell his girlfriend, if he then tries to make things difficult at work go to someone more senior - show them the texts, it kind of suggests harrassment (sp) and then kick him where it hurts
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
both of you go and kick him where it hurts, not really but would be good if you could. She should keep the texts, tell him to get lost, if he carries on tell his girlfriend, if he then tries to make things difficult at work go to someone more senior - show them the texts, it kind of suggests harrassment (sp) and then kick him where it hurts
but he was my friend
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)

advice please
Honestly...i can't see what the problem is....why doesn't she just say...no thank you....i don't like you in that way. Then what can he do???

If he fires her...or tries to victimise her and make her life hell....you can report it to senior management.....maybe sue for unfair dismissal....(mmm...you can tell i want to be a lawyer!!!)

Or he'll accept it and try his luck elsewhere.....

If there's something i'm missing...please point it out to me....

G
me!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
but he was my friend
refrain from kicking him then, just tell him to stop doing what he's doing because it's out of order
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Honestly...i can't see what the problem is....why doesn't she just say...no thank you....i don't like you in that way. Then what can he do???

If he fires her...or tries to victimise her and make her life hell....you can report it to senior management.....maybe sue for unfair dismissal....(mmm...you can tell i want to be a lawyer!!!)

Or he'll accept it and try his luck elsewhere.....

If there's something i'm missing...please point it out to me....

G
i said i'd go out 4 a drink with him, and it's gonna be really hard to get put of. he's been askin 4 ages. i thought he meant as m8s tho and with other ppl from work (coz he's got a gf)
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i said i'd go out 4 a drink with him, and it's gonna be really hard to get put of. he's been askin 4 ages. i thought he meant as m8s tho and with other ppl from work (coz he's got a gf)
Tinykates!!!! It's you!!!! !!!!!

Well just tell him no!! Just say....i'm flattered that you like me...but i don't feel anything for you and i'm not attracted to you. AND DON'T GO FOR THE DRINK!!!! Cos then he'll think he's getting somewhere with you!!

JUST SAY NO!!! What can he do then?? If he keeps bugging you....threaten to tell both his gf and senior management...and if he leaves it and does nothing....then it's all sorted!!!

G
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Tinykates!!!! It's you!!!! !!!!!

Well just tell him no!! Just say....i'm flattered that you like me...but i don't feel anything for you and i'm not attracted to you. AND DON'T GO FOR THE DRINK!!!! Cos then he'll think he's getting somewhere with you!!

JUST SAY NO!!! What can he do then?? If he keeps bugging you....threaten to tell both his gf and senior management...and if he leaves it and does nothing....then it's all sorted!!!

G
he dont care about his gf, and it's not serious enough to go and see a senior manager about. that will just cause more problems
me!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
he dont care about his gf, and it's not serious enough to go and see a senior manager about. that will just cause more problems
tell him he's making you feel uncomfortable and you don't want to feel like that cos you consider him a friend and you don't want to be anything other than friends
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's a bit of a problem....but then if his gf finds out....then everyone will know what a scumbag he is! And he'll look like a prat!

But you have to tell him no..that's the main thing...and do your best to make sure it sinks into his head...don't let him think you're just playing hard to get....

If he still thinks you're just playing around....you've got to be harsh.....tell him he's ugly...and you would never go out with him ever! Stuff like that! I know it might seem evil...but he shouldn't keep coming on to you if you've already said no.

G
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok thanks guys
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (96)
18.82%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (324)
63.53%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.71%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.94%

Watched Threads