Turn on thread page Beta

i am on a modern history degree at UEA-i loved the first semester, but the secound semester just didnt interest me as much. I had big problems at home and ended up moving out in february (i lived at home) but am happy with my boyfriend. My parents wouldnt let me use their car and i found it difficult to get to uni (live 25 miles away), so i missed about 6 seminars per 3 units but managed to go to most lectures. I only just srapped in one assignment (i didnt get anything back yet from others), but did ok in my exam, i so hope i dont fail as i am looking forward to next year and the units i have chosen-everything is better with my parents and i know i will do well and enjoy it in sept. i dont think i can repeat the first year, but i want my degree so much and feel i have so much potential. any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure you can repeat. Just focus. I think I may fail also, exam on friday :0

ReputationRep:
    can you do retakes in summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterflytears)
    can you do retakes in summer?
    yeah you should be able to do retakes in August

ReputationRep:
    Fairly sure you can retake at most universities...

You might find it reassuring to look at how your university grades work: mine says that to fail you have to show 'little or no understanding of the material covered'. Even if you can only show the you understand the basics I'm sure you'll be fine.

Because you've had personal problems as well, you could maybe look at how to go about submitting extenuating circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    You may be able to pass even if you fail a module or two. At my university (Sussex), you can fail up to 30 credits as long as you pass the core/pre-requisite modules required for progression to stage 2. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucination)
    You may be able to pass even if you fail a module or two. At my university (Sussex), you can fail up to 30 credits as long as you pass the core/pre-requisite modules required for progression to stage 2. Good luck
    Iiiinteresting....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.