Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can you swim with contact lenses in? Also if not, can you get special contact lenses for when you go swimming, or even can you buy special goggles with lenses in or something, just so i can see when im actually swimming lol

ReputationRep:
    yeah you can buy prescription goggles, but where from is a different matter, have you tried asking your opticians, im sure they'd be the best people to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brummyman)
    Can you swim with contact lenses in? Also if not, can you get special contact lenses for when you go swimming, or even can you buy special goggles with lenses in or something, just so i can see when im actually swimming lol
    You can get goggles and dive masks with your lenses in... they're expensive though.

Also not sure (ask your optician) but I think I was told I could swim in them but should take them out straight afterwards because of the chlorine and other stuff getting stuck between your lenses and your eyes.

ReputationRep:
    it is definately not advised!!! however like mentioned by thefish uk, if u wanna risk it - then take em out staight afterwads!
    i buy dailys for occasions like that - and just chuck em out after i been swimming - some ppl may say thats wastin money, but u cant put a price on ur health - let alone ur eyesight! so its worth it!

ReputationRep:
    I've bought those daily disposables for going on holiday, so I can just bin them after I've been swimming.

I normally wear monthly disposables, but I don't fancy getting them damaged with the chlorine, so I've bought the daily ones instead.

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression you're not supposed to....if you do, wear tight fitting goggles.

ReputationRep:
    personally i just wear my contact lenses with my goggles but my optician said i shudnt dive with my contact lenses in. i guess its incase they are foced into my eye which means i can perminately see and wont need him anymore...never stopped me. iv even gone swimming without goggles and opened my eyes with them in and nothing happened. i spose its up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phantom)
    personally i just wear my contact lenses with my goggles but my optician said i shudnt dive with my contact lenses in. i guess its incase they are foced into my eye which means i can perminately see and wont need him anymore...never stopped me.
    What the hell are you talking about? Do you not think if that was actually true then they would be doing the same kind of thing medically :p:

I swim with contacts in, but only when i'm wearing my decent well sealed goggles

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.