Turn on thread page Beta

Sorry but i really need help. I am very stressed. I have 2 exams coming up and i feel I haven't done enough revision. I just did a past paper and there are stil a fair bit amount which i don't know which is scaring me. I am so stressed that i screamed in the pillow three times and slapped myslef to cut it out. Please I need help. I'm close to sinking in drinking my bottle of whisky.

ReputationRep:
    erm...you need to stop being ridiculously hysterical and concentrate on work...posting here seems a really good way of increasing productivity though...

I have been revising all day. started at 12-4 then I've been doing past papers since 9 in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    In the same boat here!
    Firstly get some sleep, then set your alarm for nice and early in the morning- that way you can cram more.

ReputationRep:
    then that's too much, if you haven't learnt it in the past year you ain't gonna learn it now! and there's no point in stressing yourself out any more, just chill out have a decent sleep and have another go tomorrow

problem is, i'm gonna be revising for another subject tomorrow. i just don't know what to do and i am desperate.

ReputationRep:
    well - sort out your routine - get 3 hours done in the morning and you feel much better.
    The only thing you can do is keep working at it, so go do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    erm...you need to stop being ridiculously hysterical and concentrate on work...posting here seems a really good way of increasing productivity though...
    harsh words...

as for the last sentence... :rofl:

advice... i'd leave it tbh and wake up early in the morning... if you have 5 or less hours sleep before an exam you wake up not knowing what planet you are on and even question if you are really here and not... certainly, in no fit state to do an exam! (not that this has ever happened to me, lol)

(Original post by Revenged)
    harsh words...

as for the last sentence... :rofl:

I know it sounds like i'm being hysterical and bull****ting and being a drama queen but it is true. going online will probably calm me down a bit.

ReputationRep:
    There's no escape from that spiral of thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know it sounds like i'm being hysterical and bull****ting and being a drama queen but it is true. going online will probably calm me down a bit.
    i did the whole pillow punishing thing as well...

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    The only way to help yourself is to truly believe in yourself and that you are going to suceed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Why)
    The only way to help yourself is to truly believe in yourself and that you are going to suceed.
    or, perhaps, doing some more revision may be beneficial :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The more you try to organise yourself the worse it becomes be unorthodox; you are unique. Be spontaneous.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds as if you're trying to achieve something which is near impossible, and your health will deteriorate as a result, duh!

Do you have a friend or classmate you can learn with? Cramming absolutely sucks, but doing it with a friend on the same course actually works quite nicely, if you're both prepared to work hard and help each other out.

I revised for one exam last semester in just a day and got an A- overall from it, but thats only because my coursework was top notch and I was simply 'revising' not learning from scratch whatsoever - very rare for me.

If you can't do it, don't force yourself, you'll go mad and the stress may stay with you for a while after the exam too. Just revise as much as you can within your limits. Take some breaks, put things in perspective, exams aren't everything and failing them isn't the end of the world either - you'll have more time to perfect the subject. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    or, perhaps, doing some more revision may be beneficial :rolleyes:
    You are clueless.. No matter how much revision he/she does if his/her mentality and beliefs are incorrect it wont matter.

ReputationRep:
    Driven by fear - is that what they taught you ?

If you feel you have to cram now then you obviously didn't like the subject enough to learn it during the year so storing a load of stuff in short-term memory only to forget it within a few days says nothing about you.

The point of education was supposed to teach us to learn and to think, your education seems to have had the opposite effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Why)
    You are clueless.. No matter how much revision he/she does if his/her mentality and beliefs are incorrect it wont matter.
    rubbish - the stress is resulting from an apparent lack of knowledge, hence improving this is the best way to cure this. Simple.

I very much like the subject. I'm alrite with it but im so frustrated by the fact that I found myself skipping some questions because i don't know how to do it(maths). Plsu the fact that i'm losing so many marks on the past papers because of sily errors which pisses me right off! Plus its the end for me if i don't meet my offers which is very frustrating. And fear....I'm not afraid, im frustrated.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not prepared then its your own fault. If you fail then its a sign that you weren't ready, and hopefully you'll learn your lesson for next time. I certainly hope you feel better, but cramming is always very stressful which is why it should be avoided at all costs unless you can handle it. :eek:

How are you now, and how many days left? hang on, get off TSR and do some work! :P:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.