The Student Room Group

Best night out in the UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically, myself and about 7 mates were thinking of having a weekend away after our A-level results, to either celebrate or drown our sorrows in high volumes of alcohol.
We live in London so want a welcome change of scenery where we aren't spending 5 quid for a beer.
What are your best suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, davekl12.
I feel your struggle in paying 5 pounds for a pint of beer, and after your wonderfully written plea for a cheap yet enthralling destination for you and your friends can ponder on results, I want to help!
I'd suggest Manchester, Liverpool or Brighton.
Other TSR members may agree or have other suggestions!
Enjoy drowning your sorrows!
Kyyprianou
(edited 10 years ago)
What about Edinburgh or Glasgow. Or is that a bit far?
Reply 3
Newcastle or Leeds...or even Nottingham for that matter!
Reply 4
I'm from Nottingham and always get told how good a night it is here by others. The bars are pretty good to be fair and drink prices vary a lot from £1 jaegerbombs and probably £3 a pint? There's a good mix depending what you're after posh bars and higher end stuff right down to sweaty student clubs with cheap deals and cheap *ahem*.
Reply 5
Sorry, spent too many hours around Scottish girls this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davekl12
Sorry, spent too many hours around Scottish girls this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that a bad thing.. lol
Reply 7
Saturday in Blackpool
Reply 8
Wrexham! Well.. At least we're cheap. Ish.
Reply 9
Original post by davekl12
Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically, myself and about 7 mates were thinking of having a weekend away after our A-level results, to either celebrate or drown our sorrows in high volumes of alcohol.
We live in London so want a welcome change of scenery where we aren't spending 5 quid for a beer.
What are your best suggestions?

You are in the greatest city for a party. How about a rave in Shoreditch?

http://www.whirl-y-gig.org.uk/info.html

Best nights out of my entire life, it gets better every time.
NEWCASTLE.

Bigg Market is notorious for being a strip of bars and clubs frequented by young drinkers. Probably wouldn't say there's another place in the UK quite like it.

Beautiful city too for architecture and the landscape around the Tyne.
liverpool:smile:
Best night ever is at a little town in Derbyshire called Ilkeston!! Loads of bars all together so u barely have to walk! Great ale at around £2 a pint, proper cocktails and shots for England!! There's absolutely no place quite like Ilkeston. So there you go youth!
Bath is a fabulous city out of London, I like Liverpool too.
Leeds.

Any event at the West Indian Centre or the Beaverworks.
Manchester has an amazing social scene.
Get a tent, go to Snowdonia, climb a mountain then go to the pub - make sure its near the camp site.
Reply 17
liverpool or newcastle of course!
Reply 18
Central London or Bristol
Reply 19
Original post by LevelTV
Central London or Bristol

Have you been to Heriot watt university?

Quick Reply

Latest