Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe in the paranormal? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts and/or the paranormal?
    Yes
    20.69%
    Maybe(just need proof)
    31.03%
    No
    37.93%
    Don't Know/No Opinion
    10.34%

ReputationRep:
    How many people out there believes in the paranormal? Anyone with experience? Believe you've seen a ghost?

last night i was walking my dogs, when i saw someone walking up towards me, about 6 houses away, when then turned and when i thought they would walk up a path, they didn't, they just vanished. I got to where i saw them, and realised that where they disappeared was a thick/solid hedge over a fence, which bordered the garden of an old lady who died about 2 - 3 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    I know people that claim to have seen ghosts, its too late to go through the whole story but when people you know are perfectly normal you have to question whether or not such things might exist.

ReputationRep:
    No, and neither do I believe in superstition... i respect it nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    I'm undecided.

ReputationRep:
    I see stuff all the time. It's no biggie.

ReputationRep:
    I've had quite a few other experiences, i work in a petrol station on nights, and there have been a few occasions, while stocking the drinks fridge, that i've heard cars pull in, and on 1 occasion i heard a girl laugh just behind me, but when i turned around there was no-one there(and the door was closed and locked)

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I'd quit my job!!

Maybe it was just the petrl fumes making your mind go fuzzy..

ReputationRep:
    Something was moving in my room last night! I got out of bed and checked it out - and there was nothing there. It couldn't of been a mouse or something small because the noise was like footsteps in the room! Scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    No, and neither do I believe in superstition... i respect it nonetheless.
    I second that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepy_person!)
    :eek: I'd quit my job!!

Maybe it was just the petrl fumes making your mind go fuzzy..
    i doubt it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Pedantic)
    I've had quite a few other experiences, i work in a petrol station on nights, and there have been a few occasions, while stocking the drinks fridge, that i've heard cars pull in, and on 1 occasion i heard a girl laugh just behind me, but when i turned around there was no-one there(and the door was closed and locked)
    I worked in a nightclub and apparently similar things happened to some mates in work. They where up putting bottle bins away on the top floor (even with the loud music downstairs, its silent enough to hear a pin drop) and apparently heard a scream from a young girl right beside them..

Safe to say they dropped everything and ran

ReputationRep:
    i want cold hard proof.

none of this most haunted crap.

HARD PROOF!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Pedantic)
    How many people out there believes in the paranormal? Anyone with experience? Believe you've seen a ghost?

last night i was walking my dogs, when i saw someone walking up towards me, about 6 houses away, when then turned and when i thought they would walk up a path, they didn't, they just vanished. I got to where i saw them, and realised that where they disappeared was a thick/solid hedge over a fence, which bordered the garden of an old lady who died about 2 - 3 weeks ago.
    Paranormal is such crap...

I don't believe any of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i want cold hard proof.

none of this most haunted crap.

HARD PROOF!!
    A cup moved and I didn't move it... i can't think of any explanation apart from there being a poltergeist in my cupboard...

ReputationRep:
    it's funny how the majority of ghosts are seen during the night time:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen one in broad daylight. Could see straight through him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    I've seen one in broad daylight. Could see straight through him!
    thats kinda rare these days :rolleyes: what was it like? 8-) :rofl:

I just dont understand why most ghosts only appear at night - it suggests that peoples fear of the dark, or subconscious residue of previous fears in childhood influence their intepretations of pefectly normal phenomenon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    thats kinda rare these days :rolleyes: what was it like? 8-) :rofl:

I just dont understand why most ghosts only appear at night - it suggests that peoples fear of the dark, or subconscious residue of previous fears in childhood influence their intepretations of pefectly normal phenomenon
    heheh. I think it is because our senses are heightened at night, you can't see much but you hear a lot and "feel" a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    heheh. I think it is because our senses are heightened at night, you can't see much but you hear a lot and "feel" a lot.
    senses

what about imagination/interpretation? :rolleyes:

example, i saw a bird the other day and could swear it was a UFO at one point :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    senses

what about imagination/interpretation? :rolleyes:

example, i saw a bird the other day and could swear it was a UFO at one point :rolleyes:
    well, let's think logically. Until you identified it as a bird, it was an unidentified flying object, wasn't it?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.