The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

'ghosts' at night being more common could be due to the fact that at night it's much harder to see especially if it's pitch black and so your other senses become more sensitive.. like smell, touch. in the day if you smell something you can often see the source of the smell. at night however, you can only smell it and then you start worrying about where it came from!
Reply 21
Seconded, pretty much the opposite of what Segat1 said. Your senses are restricted so you misinterpret things. Which is why I don't believe in ghosts, I think we rarely consider how faulty our senses and intellect are. Without strong controls to ensure accuracy (corroborating evidence, essentially) I don't trust 'em.
And ghosts sound like a particularly bad explanation for spirits. How exactly does a dead person's mind jump from one of the most complicated organs in nature to some sort of immaterial existance? Seems much more unlikely than fairies.
Reply 22
Well, I believe in what I've seen and experienced. And that's really all I can go on.
Reply 23
Nope I don't but the paranormal makes for pretty good horror films and really funny 'documentaries' (you know the ones with the people in the deep south of the US who claim to have been abducted and/or impregnated by aliens? They're always the real stereotypes as well like living in a trailer park with loads of kids and with a full blown hick-style accent)
Reply 24
Not really.
Fairly open mind but I do lean towards the 'No, it's all *******s' opinion.
Reply 25
Segat1
Well, I believe in what I've seen and experienced. And that's really all I can go on.

Ahh, but can you trust your eyes? :wink:
Funnily enough, part of the reason I don't believe in ghosts is because when I was little I saw a "ghost": a transparant pair of hands holding a mixing bowl. Just that, standing there mixing for a fraction of a second with some weird vortexy thing around it. I was pretty scared for a second or so and then I though "hang on a sec, what sort of crappy ghost was that; must have been a hallucination, nobody would come back from the dead to make cakes over my bed" (obviously I didn't use that precise wording, I was about 5).

After that, I haven't trusted any ghost that stuck around in full view for less than five seconds. :biggrin:
Reply 26
Revenged
A cup moved and I didn't move it... i can't think of any explanation apart from there being a poltergeist in my cupboard...

cool, but you could be lying, so i want to be able to see something move!

Latest

Trending

Trending