Teaching Watch

This discussion is closed.
traceyatlas
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi,

I am currently working as an account manager in field sales.
Which pays me lots of money but no longer gives me job satisfaction.

Can anyone advise which is the best method to get in to primary school teaching??

I have a HND but not a degree.

Any advice would be greatly received,

cheers

Tracey
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What's your HND in? Is it a school subject?

I assume you'd have to go about it the usual way by getting a degree and then a PCGE. However there may be a shorter route for you (which I suspect there could be. Phone up your local college/university for advice.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by traceyatlas)
Hi,

I am currently working as an account manager in field sales.
Which pays me lots of money but no longer gives me job satisfaction.

Can anyone advise which is the best method to get in to primary school teaching??

I have a HND but not a degree.

Any advice would be greatly received,

cheers

Tracey

My mum is a teacher, she says it was rewarding 20 years ago but now there is FAR too much paperwork she has to do which really gets her down and quite frankly i'd suspect you'd very quickly get bored of teaching too. There is satisfaction in teaching children, yes. But the amount of times my mother has had 'little *******s' in her class to compensate for the this pleasure she always tries to put people of the job, which i'm trying to do. I'd stick with your own job, it might be boring but if you became a teacher you'd only start on circa 18k and top wack is around 30k unless of course you become a headteacher...which is all paperwork, so to sum it up, teaching wont get away from the paperwork!!!! My mum worked out she was paid £5 an hour for the amount of hours she does work for that school, quite frankly ists not worth it.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
My mum is a teacher, she says it was rewarding 20 years ago but now there is FAR too much paperwork she has to do which really gets her down and quite frankly i'd suspect you'd very quickly get bored of teaching too. There is satisfaction in teaching children, yes. But the amount of times my mother has had 'little *******s' in her class to compensate for the this pleasure she always tries to put people of the job, which i'm trying to do. I'd stick with your own job, it might be boring but if you became a teacher you'd only start on circa 18k and top wack is around 30k unless of course you become a headteacher...which is all paperwork, so to sum it up, teaching wont get away from the paperwork!!!! My mum worked out she was paid £5 an hour for the amount of hours she does work for that school, quite frankly ists not worth it.
Oh no! You've put me off teaching, I was begining to quite like the idea again. eek:
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Oh no! You've put me off teaching, I was begining to quite like the idea again. eek:
I'd rather see you on the telly as top archaeologist totty anyway

Uh, look at you with your custom avatar.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd rather see you on the telly as top archaeologist totty anyway

Uh, look at you with your custom avatar.

Customised by me. Do you like it?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Customised by me. Do you like it?
Yes, its better than the last one youd had. Although I still picture you as Nicole Kidman for some reason...
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, its better than the last one youd had. Although I still picture you as Nicole Kidman for some reason...
I didn't like that one either, or the one before that. I couldn't get comfortable with them, I feel comfortable now though

Hehe, a couple of people have said that. I don't even know why I had her as my avatar since I don't even look like her. Or maybe I'm a darker version. Nah.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I didn't like that one either, or the one before that. I couldn't get comfortable with them, I feel comfortable now though

Hehe, a couple of people have said that. I don't even know why I had her as my avatar since I don't even look like her. Or maybe I'm a darker version. Nah.

Your eyes are huge
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Your eyes are huge
I know, I'm watching you!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know, I'm watching you!

Oh that doesnt bother me, beady brown eyes
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (153)
27.42%
No (405)
72.58%

Watched Threads