When is your study leave? Watch

This discussion is closed.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I have found out our sixthform goes on study leave very late: June 7th. That gives hardly any study leave time. I'm quite shocked and rather upset. Their argument is they'd prefer to keep us in school as that will ensure maximum success. I however, find it better to revise at home rather than still continue studying and revising at the same time :mad:
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
I have found out our sixthform goes on study leave very late: June 7th. That gives hardly any study leave time. I'm quite shocked and rather upset. Their argument is they'd prefer to keep us in school as that will ensure maximum success. I however, find it better to revise at home rather than still continue studying and revising at the same time :mad:
We finish on the 28th May but many subjects in A2 have the otion to go to lessons still.
Ramaya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
10th May to 17th June and my first exam is June 7th! I dont think i actually need that long.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think i get study leave for my gcses 2 weeks after easter - the day I leave will be so great I'm counting down the days..
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
We finish on the 28th May but many subjects in A2 have the otion to go to lessons still.
:eek: 28th May? Oh the injustice of it all! :mad: I have to sit four A Levels - i need my study leave!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We start May 14th.

Although the bulk of my exams are in June, with the odd few at the end of May.
LugzMcPie
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
I'm doing AS and I think I have it 17th of May for about a month. I still have an exam to go when I go back to school.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
may 21st i believe
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wow if i started as early as may 14th I would have an entire month off. We aren't really having study leave though, or so I hear. But basically, the last month up until the exams will be revision lessons. Which I often find useful. Plus I only have 6 lessons at college in a week so I'm sure i'll be able to force myself in to go to them
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
may 21st i believe
:mad: If that's A2...argggggghhhhhhhh
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
(Original post by fionah)
Wow if i started as early as may 14th I would have an entire month off. We aren't really having study leave though, or so I hear. But basically, the last month up until the exams will be revision lessons. Which I often find useful. Plus I only have 6 lessons at college in a week so I'm sure i'll be able to force myself in to go to them
Apparantly we will have revision lessons - but also accompanied by homework - more essays. I love school. I really do.
Insatiable
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My study leave starts on the 15th of May. That's for A2.
LugzMcPie
Report 15 years ago
I don't know how to 'quote' but someone said
"I only have 6 lessons at college in a week so I'm sure i'll be able to force myself in to go to them"
I'm curious, how many subjects is that? I have 4 lessons per week, per subject.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ramaya)
10th May to 17th June and my first exam is June 7th! I dont think i actually need that long.
Mine is exactly the same as yours
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
(Original post by Insatiable)
My study leave starts on the 15th of May. That's for A2.
That's it someone close the thread. I don't want to hear anymore. :mad:
Insatiable
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Aww, I'm sorry. *hugs*
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why not revise at home then and not come to school for the few weeks before the exam?
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
(Original post by *reasoning*)
Why not revise at home then and not come to school for the few weeks before the exam?
Because i'm a good student and wouldn't want to face my teachers wrath.
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by LugzMcPie)
I don't know how to 'quote' but someone said
"I only have 6 lessons at college in a week so I'm sure i'll be able to force myself in to go to them"
I'm curious, how many subjects is that? I have 4 lessons per week, per subject.
Press "reply" after the post

I do 2 A levels at college and psychology at home, and have 3 1 1/2 hour lessons at college for each of my subjects.

We used to have four lessons a week but last year (between my as and a2) they cut it down to 3 longer ones.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Because i'm a good student and wouldn't want to face my teachers wrath.
For caring about your exam grades?

What wrath? you're leaving school at the end of Year 13, so you won't have to put up with them any longer!

You could just stay home and revise 2 weeks or so before your exams, and you could pop in or whatever if you got to stuck on something.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%