Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has UCAS confirmed yet that it requires your UMS scores for each subjects along with your grades?

Are you required to declare your individual module scores or do you declare your overall UMS score out of 300?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Read this

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Juno.

Have I understood correctly:
    You HAVE to give Universities all of your module GRADES.

They can, in theory, ask for module MARKS but this is unlikely and applies only for borderline candidates.

Universities can set offers based on module MARKS, if they wish.

Thanks once again.

Oh, and anyone that helps will get 2x positive rep.

ReputationRep:
    In some ways I hope this happens and in others I don’t. A Aim higher person spoke to my year about this yesterday, according to them it will only be called into play with people applying to competitive Uni's or on competitive courses. It's because so many people are applying to places like Oxford or on medicine courses with A's. It's basically a way for them to help differentiate and find the best people for the course.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we got told that; they just said it's a way to see if you've got like a high A or just scraped an A!!

I'm hoping they don't find out lol.. i normally JUST seem to get my As

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astheniaxgirl)
    In some ways I hope this happens and in others I don’t. A Aim higher person spoke to my year about this yesterday, according to them it will only be called into play with people applying to competitive Uni's or on competitive courses. It's because so many people are applying to places like Oxford or on medicine courses with A's. It's basically a way for them to help differentiate and find the best people for the course.
    asheniaxgirl.. i know this is so off the subject, but.. is sociology fairly easy?
    im only doing 2 as levels at the moment and need to pick up another next year, i want a fairly easy one as im gonna have so much work... or is it intellectually challenging.. like for example history where even if ur revise ur ass of u can still come out with a d coz u havent answered properly?
    thank you
    xxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicylgd)
    asheniaxgirl.. i know this is so off the subject, but.. is sociology fairly easy?
    im only doing 2 as levels at the moment and need to pick up another next year, i want a fairly easy one as im gonna have so much work... or is it intellectually challenging.. like for example history where even if ur revise ur ass of u can still come out with a d coz u havent answered properly?
    thank you
    xxxxxxxxxx
    Not speaking from experience, but under normal circumstances, it shouldn't be as challenging as history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicylgd)
    thank you
    xxxxxxxxxx
    Sociology....It honestly depends on what teacher you have. Some teach it differently to others. I've found that it is quite easy in some respects, it's just you have to get your head round the theories, terms, different methods and case studies. I've found though it has fitted quite nicely in with some other of my lessons. For a good idea at what to expect check out my teachers website. It gives you quite a good idea of what to expect.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.