Edexcel Psychology Unit 5-how was it? Watch

rolkishi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi everyone,
How was Psych unit 5? Do you think it was hard? I thought research methods was hard compared to last years...and child psychology? What did you write for the question on methodological problems?
blahblah08
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I didn't find the Research Methods too hard at all actually. Just that I wrote it was Independent groups (the very first question) - but it was actually a trick question - it's actually Repeated Measures cause it's the SAME participants doing both before and after the perfume spraying. ARGH.

Only 2 people in my year did it (we have about 60 Psychologists haha) Oh well it's one mark. Hopefully I still get followup marks for evaluating Independent Groups. And Identifying the paramtric test used right.

Other than that R.M. was goooood. I do Health, it was so/so - considering I didn't really finish the last bit on Theory of Reasoned Action and it turned up :mad: . But the 12 mark Q was a free-giver.

You ready for Sypnotic? I have no idea where to start.
kazoola
Report 12 years ago
Gah, i put related measures first, but then when i was checking it at the end i changed my answer to unrelated! Overall i thought research methods wasnt too bad - i actually managed to complete the exam in time! I'm so proud of myself.

I did environmental, which wasnt too bad. B2 part a and the last question (12 marks) were definately the easiest.

Im terrified about the synoptic. The last mock i did for that i got 2 marks out of a 20 mark question! Im hoping i got an A on unit 5 so i can balance out because of the synoptic paper.
luvberry
Report 12 years ago
I thought unit 5 was quite hard><#

I Rm was okay i guess but harder than other years from the past papers i've done...
I did health.. i actually thought C1 and C3 was easy but I really didnt remember C2- Theory of reasoned action>< I feel stupid when i came out knowing the answer to that question and it was such a simple question.. im pretty mad at myself for that.

Synoptic.. I cant be soo scared i guess... Hope i can get better in that^^
rachwng
Report 12 years ago
I thought it was independent group measure because they weren't comparing the before and after...they were comparing the results with the control group, which is the women who didn't put on the perfume at all. It says on the description of the study that the women were more confident compared to the control group.
rachwng
Report 12 years ago
I thought it was independent group measure because they weren't comparing the before and after...they were comparing the results with the control group, which is the women who didn't put on the perfume at all. It says on the description of the study that the women were more confident compared to the control group.
o btw...what was the answer to the parametric test? was it ordinal data and correlational studies therefore-->spearman rho?
DoISeeYou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree with rach...
I thought last year summer's RM was the hardest
Unit 5 questions for child..
A1
a)describe the effects of short term dep.
b)how might the short term dep effects be reduced
c)Evaluate a study on short term deprivation

A2)
a)describe how peer relationship changes as child gets older?
b)one ethical problem with research into rating popularity in children
c)two methodological problem with research into rating popularity in children

A3)Discuss the cog-dev approach to play. T^T

Unit 4..did Criminal+education..was poopoopT^T
blahblah08
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Criminal was all right. Just that I think I think I didn't put in enough points on the attribution biases I described and the 12 mark zero tolerance question - Didn't really have much evaluation points. Oh well... my A02 marks down the drain
blahblah08
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Criminal was all right. Just that I think I think I didn't put in enough points on the attribution biases I described and the 12 mark zero tolerance question - Didn't really have much evaluation points. Oh well... my A02 marks down the drain
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1497)
79.59%
Leave (384)
20.41%

Watched Threads