i got a 6c in the end of year 8... do u think i would get picked to do triple sci? Watch

smartboy1331
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i got a level 6c in the end of year 8 do you think i would get picked to do triple science?
or do i still have another test in year 9 to prove that i am still capable of doing it.
im moving to year 9 in sept
AspiringGenius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should be able to do triple science, a 6 shows a high standard of science for your age.
username685301
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mate it's down entirely to your school and the grading system they use. Most people on TSR will have no idea what you mean when you say a '6c'.
smartboy1331
Rep:
?
(Original post by AspiringGenius)
You should be able to do triple science, a 6 shows a high standard of science for your age.
THANKS
AspiringGenius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Northern_Ireland)
Mate it's down entirely to your school and the grading system they use. Most people on TSR will have no idea what you mean when you say a '6c'.
Well it's just KEy stage grades- from 3 to 7 usually for year 9s. These can be split into 6a (high) 6b 6c (low) etc. generally people jump two smaller grades every year (I.e. from 5b to 6c) and for year 9, 5 is average (or the target for all students) 4 is below average, 3 is very below, 6is above and 7 is excellent. There is also level 2 and level 8 but these are more extreme.

If OP is in year 8 and getting 6c its likely he will be at high 6/low 7 by next year and therefore has a good level of science neccesary to study triple science.

OP, I would suggest that TSR is usually used by university, A Level and GCSE students and it's best if you don't fret too much about grades at is stage. Honestly, enjoy learning and don't stress about getting a 6/7. It's unimportant
QuantumSuicide
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mate, i got a 5a in year six...
I await negs. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
LiquidGold
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by QuantumSuicide)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do you think someone might neg you for that?
QuantumSuicide
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LiquidGold)
Why do you think someone might neg you for that?
I thought it would be seen as boasting. Looks like it doesn't seem that way to you so

Posted from TSR Mobile
LiquidGold
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I thought it would be seen as boasting. Looks like it doesn't seem that way to you so

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's not what I meant :P
It's true people on TSR don't like boasting, but it's more to do with the fact your post was unrelated and did not at all answer what the original poster wanted to know; whether a 6c in year 8 is good enough to do triple science. It's not like you answered his question as well as boasting, you just boasted completely unnecessarily without answering his question...
QuantumSuicide
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LiquidGold)
That's not what I meant :P
It's true people on TSR don't like boasting, but it's more to do with the fact your post was unrelated and did not at all answer what the original poster wanted to know; whether a 6c in year 8 is good enough to do triple science. It's not like you answered his question as well as boasting, you just boasted completely unnecessarily without answering his question...
Well it does indicate that a 6c isnt particularly impressive for a year 8...

Posted from TSR Mobile
NIMBAH
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
6c in year 8 in my opinion is bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
smartboy1331
Rep:
?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got a level 5 in year 6 aswell but in year 7 the teacher i had wasnt a good teacher and i know that because she didnt teach us or even explain a topic to us.all she does is just to tell us to go a certain page on the text book and answer the questions not more... I SWEAR. thats why my levl didnt improve
at the end of year 7 i got level 5c
but in year 8 i had a different teacher and my level improved alot. even now my science teacher have trust in me to do triple science and everytime he sees me he always tells me that he is looking forward to my gcse in year 9 welll that was before i got a level 6c in my last assassement
smartboy1331
Rep:
?
i think i can still take triple science -http://www.cardinalpole.co.uk/teaching_Learning/
core subjects- core curriculum which consists of English, English Literature, Maths, Science, Religious Education, Physical Education.
Mr M
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by smartboy1331)
i got a level 6c in the end of year 8 do you think i would get picked to do triple science?
or do i still have another test in year 9 to prove that i am still capable of doing it.
im moving to year 9 in sept
Most schools encourage all level 6 students (at the end of KS3) to do triple science. You should certainly do it as you are working at level 6 already.
smartboy1331
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr M)
Most schools encourage all level 6 students (at the end of KS3) to do triple science. You should certainly do it as you are working at level 6 already.
thanks
smartboy1331
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nick Latham)
No. Year 9 is the year for deciding triple, show your capabilities there.
thanks... year 9 is the year im going to get a 7a in science and english and 8a or 8b in maths trust me...
dont be supprize when i say i have got all those levels
basit282828
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi
In year 9 at the end of the year you will do a test and the top 30 would be picked to do triple science but at tge end if year 8 you got a 6c so thats good but try to be consistent and don't freak out becadue of that I didn't get triple.
Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
smd4std
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
gcses are easy, well atleast they were when i did it.

just do what your teacher says, go through past exam papers and read the book and you'll do fine
Ollymurslove
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You opt to do triple science, it's your choice (well it was when I did my GCSEs)- good luck!
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ollymurslove)
You opt to do triple science, it's your choice (well it was when I did my GCSEs)- good luck!

Same with me. I wasted an option block on triple science, when was quite annoying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads