The Student Room Group

Passport with ukcat???

Hello Everyone,

Do you need a passport for UKCAT?, or can you use a provisional liscense?, If so what for?
Original post by oranjuice
Hello Everyone,

Do you need a passport for UKCAT?, or can you use a provisional liscense?, If so what for?

From the UKCAT website:

'You need to bring one of the following forms of photographic identity to the test centre. No other documents are acceptable:
A current (non-expired), original signed passport
A current (non-expired) signed photocard driving licence (full or provisional)
A current (non-expired), original European Union government-issued identity card that carries your photograph and signature'

They need it to identify you, obviously.
If taking the UKCAT in Europe, the Middle East or Africa then a provisional licence is sufficient identification. It's just to confirm your identity to ensure that someone else isn't sitting the exam for you. :smile:
Beware if you're turning up for your UKCAT with a passport! I had a terrible time today, because I was almost unable to sit the UKCAT even with an in-date passport because I was under 16 when it was first issued. Thankfully my home was close enough for my father to bring my provisional driver's licence in the nick of time. The other person who turned up was not so lucky, and she wasn't allowed to sit the UKCAT today, and may not get another slot. So please be very careful when bringing a passport because this detail is only in small print on the website, and it seems very few people know about it. I would strongly advise an alternative form of ID.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending