Interviews Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
How many courses actually ask you to come for an interview? (excluding Oxbridge obv.) Is it standard for unis such as Nottingham, Warwick, York etc to interview before offering a place?
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
How many courses actually ask you to come for an interview? (excluding Oxbridge obv.) Is it standard for unis such as Nottingham, Warwick, York etc to interview before offering a place?
For Comp Sci...

Manchester interviewed
Notts, UEA, Newcastle, Loughborough, Durham made me offer without

I think this is just due to Manchester being hevily oversubscribed for Comp Sci though becuase they seemed to interview LOADS of people for the course.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was only interviewed at Manchester for European Studies and a modern language, recieving offers through all my other UCAS applications. It was the modlangs dept which held the interviews. Cardiff, Leeds and Stirling accepted without interview, Edinburgh rejected me and I'm waiting for St-And.

I think nowadays interviews are more the exception than the rule, although you should be prepared for them wherever you apply. If you can demonstrate to an interviewer that you are enthusiastic about a subject, you'd probably be a good candidate for the course, and its not worth avoiding a uni just because they interview.

Hope this helps,
Carl
pinkegokane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by carldaman)
I was only interviewed at Manchester for European Studies and a modern language, recieving offers through all my other UCAS applications. It was the modlangs dept which held the interviews. Cardiff, Leeds and Stirling accepted without interview, Edinburgh rejected me and I'm waiting for St-And.

I think nowadays interviews are more the exception than the rule, although you should be prepared for them wherever you apply. If you can demonstrate to an interviewer that you are enthusiastic about a subject, you'd probably be a good candidate for the course, and its not worth avoiding a uni just because they interview.

Hope this helps,
Carl
was that interview last wednesday? did you get an offer?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (158)
13.28%
Excited (106)
8.91%
Worried (218)
18.32%
Terrified (278)
23.36%
Meh (94)
7.9%
Confused (32)
2.69%