The Student Room Group

January Exam removal

Has this now stopped Self study students studying for example 3 A levels in one year.
My wife and i were going to go for 3 A levels to self study but i just realised that you can do exams in January anymore.
I really don't know sitting all AS and A2 modules at the same time in June/July will be feasible lol.
I sat all of my History A level exams in the same June exam period. It was okay. Obviously you'd have more but as long as you've worked hard, it should be fine. A lot of A2 work builds on AS work so that can act as a form of revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It can be done. I sat all of the modules that make up a level german in the June of Y13. I wouldnt (personally) like to have done it with 3 subjects, but you'll find that if you're doing the A level and AS at the same time, the AS exams are really easy in comparison.
The removal of January exams basically means:
1. More stress in the summer
2. No chance to retake exams
3. No stress in Winter
4. People take the exams more seriously as they can't retake, so possibly the grade boundaries go up a bit

It is still possible to do 3 A levels in one year if you work hard and start revising early, you will just have more exams in the summer (probably 12 - 18 depending on whether you have 2/3 exams per subject - this is still pretty manageable).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending