Crete with family

Watch
GluedToMyBedroom
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So my family decided to book a week in Crete next week and for some strange reason my 18 year old self decided to go with them. I've never done a holiday in a hot place only really done skiing or camping. What sort of thing should i be expecting? What is there to really do? Also as someone who doesn't get on with my family all that well, not badly per se but just not well either, it's usually mutual avoidance what is there for me to do? Other than my pile of books I'm taking with me.
Jelephant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attract...ies-Crete.html :dontknow:

I've been on quite a few trips to Spain with my family over the years, and while it was fine when I was younger and could amuse myself fairly easily, sitting by the pool day after day got boring fast when I was 18 =P We usually make sure we're fairly close to a theme park or something so we have something to do for at least a few days though. I guess it depends on what your family are likely to want to do i.e. are they sightseers who will be out and about all the time or are they just going to sit on the beach for a week?
GluedToMyBedroom
Rep:
?
I can see them doing water parks but sight seers they are not. :/
I guess I'll have to try to persuade them and actually pretend to like them for a few days. That or drink. Heavily.

That really looks awesome thanks. Hope I can persuade them to go there.
GluedToMyBedroom
Rep:
?
Thanks very much for the Knossos recommendation. Went today and it was fantastic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MusicNerd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah, I just got back from Crete, loved it!
I reckonmend using suncream religiously even if you don't usually burn- in the late morning/early afternoon it gets flipping hot!
The local food there is delicious, especially in the family run restaurants; the owners make you feel really welcome as well!
Cultures good there, knossos is a must, but there is also a few waterparks and some good clubbing towns if thats what you prefer

trust me, its a really good place to go
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GluedToMyBedroom)
So my family decided to book a week in Crete next week and for some strange reason my 18 year old self decided to go with them. I've never done a holiday in a hot place only really done skiing or camping. What sort of thing should i be expecting? What is there to really do? Also as someone who doesn't get on with my family all that well, not badly per se but just not well either, it's usually mutual avoidance what is there for me to do? Other than my pile of books I'm taking with me.
We went to crete a few years ago and it is a nice little island. The beaches vary and it really depends where you are staying and if you like lazing around the beach with your books and chiling. Gets very hot especially 11.30 till 3pm so use lots of sun block. Food is yummy if you like to try greek food.

hAVE a great time and check out the water parks as well
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GluedToMyBedroom)
We went to crete a few years ago and it is a nice little island. The beaches vary and it really depends where you are staying and if you like lazing around the beach with your books and chiling. Gets very hot especially 11.30 till 3pm so use lots of sun block. Food is yummy if you like to try greek food.

hAVE a great time and check out the water parks as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.85%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.81%

Watched Threads