Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romper)
    Ladies and Gents. Today is a particulary good day for me. Not only is it my 27th birthday (my gawd I'm old), but I got a very large cheque (for my wedding) from a relative I hardly know....and also I got my provisional offer from OASC for WSOp(L), course starting Oct 18th!!! I've been waiting for that since mt OACS selection finished on Dec 2nd 2005! At last . Now I'm just waiting for my DV clearance (nobody has any dirt on me do they???). At last I have something on paper.

Warning to anybody applying for WSOp, dont expect quick answers!

Anyway, I'm off to Dublin for my stag weekend in the morning, so I have two reasons to celebrate. Good job I had Top Gun and Moet to help me celebrate!!! Yay...

PS. IOTers, see you at Cranwell in January
    Congratulations, congratulations and congratulations!!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Woooo Congrats! Looks like you've got a lot going on at the minute!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    Ooo temper temper ;catfight;

I PROMISE I'l reply today!!!!! :p: :littleang
    Oooo I think he's off the market

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=854

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    Ooo temper temper ;catfight;

I PROMISE I'l reply today!!!!! :p: :littleang
    wooooooDISH! Under the thumb!

(Original post by BlackHawk)
    Oooo I think he's off the market

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=854
    HAHAHA - what the **** is that?! Stupid crazy chick PM's me and I take the pis out her. CHECK OUT THAT PICTURE: SEXY MAMMAL!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    What're you doing up so early? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm up because working isn't cool. And I don't like it. Why are you up so early? :p:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Work also. So how's your girlfriend?

ReputationRep:
    Uncool isn't it?! I don't have one... I've pleaded to try and get back with my ex for awhile now and she's having none of it. It has been a burden to my finding her replacement.

ReputationRep:
    Even uncooler the fact I'm not off until Thursday and I'm not getting a long lie as I'm teaching my mate at 09.30 for three hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    Even uncooler the fact I'm not off until Thursday and I'm not getting a long lie as I'm teaching my mate at 09.30 for three hours.
    and we still need to fit in a hill walk some time!

although next week im down at cranwell so cant do anything then, but the weeks after that, free.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I tried phoning the number on the RAF website for the AFCOs. (Some 0845 number) Merely to ask for the number for my AFCO which I've misplaced. The answer? 'Sorry I cannot give out that level of information, and I take your details and someone can phone you back with some careers help?' :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I tried phoning the number on the RAF website for the AFCOs. (Some 0845 number) Merely to ask for the number for my AFCO which I've misplaced. The answer? 'Sorry I cannot give out that level of information, and I take your details and someone can phone you back with some careers help?' :confused:
    Ever feel like your dealing with a bank, where obtaining what used to be public domain info, before centralisation started, is like sucking blood out of a stone
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    That's exactly what it was like. I told her I'd just google it. Much quicker.

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what it was like. I told her I'd just google it. Much quicker.
    class, what she say to that, or did she become a bit speechless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorg)
    and we still need to fit in a hill walk some time!

although next week im down at cranwell so cant do anything then, but the weeks after that, free.
    Oh, how I'm looking forward to it! :rolleyes:

Lol, yeah - I know. We will - give me a date and I'll give you availability! The problem I can't see past is how we get to said hill... remembering I've failed my driving test twice.

ReputationRep:
    Quote[ I tried phoning the number on the RAF website for the AFCOs. (Some 0845 number) Merely to ask for the number for my AFCO which I've misplaced. The answer? 'Sorry I cannot give out that level of information, and I take your details and someone can phone you back with some careers help?' ]Quote

I got my AFCO number from yellow pages, also on yell.com so its cant be that high level information!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

:confused: I'm slightly confused-I received a letter yesterday from OASC:-

Thank you for your application for Non Commissioned Aircrew service in the Royal Air Force. I am very sorry to inform you that, after careful consideration of your case, you have not been short-listed to appear before the Selection Board. Understandably,this decision will cause you considerable disapointment, but competition is very fierce and you should not regard our decision as having any bearing on your prospects in an alternative career.

Although you have been unsuccessful this time, you may decide to re-apply and experience has show that 12 months is the minimum period which most candidates need to improve their chances of selection. Your local Armed Forces Careers Office (AFCO) should be able to provide you with further guidance. However, because there can be no guarantee that you would be selected should you re-apply, it would be in your best interests not to turn down the opportunity of an alternative career. Further applications should be made through your nearest AFCO or, if you are at college, the RAF Senior Careers Liaison Officer.

I should like to take this opportunity of thanking you for your interest in a career with the Royal Air Force and of wishing you all the best for the future.

Yours sincerely,

Squadron Leader
    for Group Captain OASC
    Royal Air Force

Anyway, so the confusion goes-I haven't ever applied for non commissioned aircrew. Have OASC made some sort of mistake, or is there something I'm not getting?!

I might just ring up the AFCO tomorrow to chase that up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly Wench)
    Hi guys!

:confused: I'm slightly confused-I received a letter yesterday from OASC:-

Anyway, so the confusion goes-I haven't ever applied for non commissioned aircrew. Have OASC made some sort of mistake, or is there something I'm not getting?!

I might just ring up the AFCO tomorrow to chase that up...
    So what did you apply for? Are you certain the letter doesnt say 'Officer and NonCommissioned Aircrew'?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Mistake if you haven't even applied for it, give them(OASC) a ring in the morning and clear it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue)
    So what did you apply for? Are you certain the letter doesnt say 'Officer and NonCommissioned Aircrew'?
    Definetely says non commissioned aircrew.Nothing about officer in it. I don't even have an application for officer on the go at the moment, so I don't know where that letter's come from.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.