Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    That's it!!! I'm moving to Scotland....!
    well you know where to request your first choice posting to be then dont you
    (ok im ignoring the fighter control bit!)

ReputationRep:
    Think everyone can guess my first choice of posting.... i hounded my way into the raf, i'll hound my way onto the sentry's

ReputationRep:
    Think everyone can guess my first choice of posting.... i hounded my way into the raf, i'll hound my way onto the sentry's
    I can imagine the scene now, you at the gate of waddy going "let me in! god damn it let me in!

ReputationRep:
    yep, pretty much complete with my "I :suith: Sentry's" t-shirt

ReputationRep:
    yep, pretty much complete with my "I :suith: Sentry's" t-shirt
    I hear by unduct you into the official Boeing fanclub

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1045522/L/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorg)
    I hear by unduct you into the official Boeing fanclub

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1045522/L/
    It's just so beautiful :love:

ReputationRep:
    The matelots certainly know how to have a good time

ReputationRep:
    It's just so beautiful :love:
    They had one at RIAT on static display, some of the crew were having a bit of a sunbath on the wing. You missed out if they float your boat that much!

ReputationRep:
    You have to be worried about the guy near the end playing guitar on his L85... not a good place to put a gun muzzle really.

(Original post by TheChances)
    They had one at RIAT on static display, some of the crew were having a bit of a sunbath on the wing. You missed out if they float your boat that much!
    What is it with crew types? Even when I've been to portsmouth half the Navy was out sunning themselves on the life boats. I think I'm going in to the wrong job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheChances)
    Curses!!! It is the sentry's a love tho ... crews may come and go, but sentry's are forever (or a good few years at least) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Curses!!! It is the sentry's a love tho ... crews may come and go, but sentry's are forever (or a good few years at least) :p:
    well if you want a bit of sentry lovin, have a look at my up close and personal pics I took at leuchars last year

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vulcan/...in/set-923847/ and click on the little icon on the right to get to the next pic too

ReputationRep:
    Yay! :love: :love: :blush:

Am i the only one who thinks sentry's rock :confused: ???

ReputationRep:

I like any four engined jet [use, even Nimrod!] and the 707 is no exception. Add a massive radar on top and we're onto a winner!

ReputationRep:

It's a jet, it rocks by default

ReputationRep:
    Happy girl!!!!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    The Hawk is just oh so much better.

ReputationRep:
    I think both the Sentry and the Hawk are both pretty boring aircraft that do things that plenty of other aircraft could do :p:

Although saying that, the Sentry is the only AWACS in the RAF, so I do want to get on it at some stage

ReputationRep:
    oh and dont forget a hawk can out turn an F3

very very amusing to watch that demo at leuchars last year
    So shall be interesting come the 128

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorg)
    oh and dont forget a hawk can out turn an F3
    Not surprising really given the sizes of the two aircraft, and that the Tornado is very much a 'Dogfighter' as an afterthought more than through design

ReputationRep:
    Going to Farnborough on sunday, can't wait to see a GR4 in flight at last!! They have one on show at an airport near me, since seeing that I have always wanted to see one in the air!

Of on a tangent now, Im going to visit a squadron (27 Chinook) on monday (couldn't do a base visit at the moment due to being busy with operations etc...)

Should I be dressing up, or would a pair of smart shoes, dark jeans and a plain T-shirt be fine? Will be lasting about 2hours.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.