Forces Chat III Watch

StaVix
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by M!ke)
I've heard about it on pprune. I think it was a NATO E-3A from Geilenkirchen in Germany.
so that means German crew? i couldnt qute place the accent it was v good english but sometimes germans sound American.
StaVix
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
sorry whats an E3A??? (am i delving deep into spotter territory )
LouE3D
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by StaVix)
good excuse, did either of you FC keen spotters see the E3D on the BBc news last night/ they were doing an article on how the sentry's are watching the airspace for the world cup over germnay, think it was a US plane?
Nooooo!!!!!! I missed it !!!! Curse the stupid gym!!!

Hmm...may check out the website, see if it is on there... cunning!

I did get sent a pic of an E3 flying over Newcastle though today... how well do my friends no me????!!!! Soooo well, was very excited and the pic is now the wallpaper on my phone
LouE3D
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
sorry whats an E3A??? (am i delving deep into spotter territory )
I suspect so...:p: I'm assuming its just the different mark of Sentry that NATO have?? M!ke, care to correct/expand on this??
StaVix
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You've turned your friends into spotters too... thats a big success!!!
StaVix
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by LouE3D)
Nooooo!!!!!! I missed it !!!! Curse the stupid gym!!!

Hmm...may check out the website, see if it is on there... cunning!

I did get sent a pic of an E3 flying over Newcastle though today... how well do my friends no me????!!!! Soooo well, was very excited and the pic is now the wallpaper on my phone

the E3D's have their own website? whats the address? i was at the gym too, it was quite good fun... did your new trainers live up to expectations?
M!ke
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
so that means German crew? i couldnt qute place the accent it was v good english but sometimes germans sound American.
The NATO jets are made up of a multi-national crew. They all use English as their 'work' language.

http://www.e3a.nato.int/

Everything you could ever want to know about NATO AWACS!

I told you that you were becoming a spotter :p:
StaVix
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol... mmm a closet spotter, my anorak only comes out on special occasions..

i now have a new website to investigate!

Lou you'll be glad to hear that by chapter 7 we've almost reached the Falkland islands... at least its getting bit more interesting!
LouE3D
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ooo.... website!!!!! *eyes sparkle* I was talking about BBC website... I had no luck

It was Nick who sent me the pic Obviously my mini obbsession with the E3 became (even more) evident :blush: lol!

Yes trainers came up to scratch, felt a bit weird compared to my old ones but all in all rather groovy!

Please tell me your joking!!! Seriously, 7 chapters and we still haven't gone to war... help!
Finished First Light yesterday, enjoyed that and have started High commanders! Oh btw, my mate said, although The Right of the Line isn't exactly an easy read, it is very interesting... I'm not entirely convinced myself...! :p:
M!ke
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by LouE3D)
I suspect so...:p: I'm assuming its just the different mark of Sentry that NATO have?? M!ke, care to correct/expand on this??
Yep thats basically it. The D's have slightly different equipment to the A's. NATO have E-3As, US have E-3Bs and C's I think, we have D's and France have E-3Fs.
StaVix
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ah ha, so they all do slightly different things? how do you mean by that? don't all FC's monitor the airspace? can crews move from one variant to another or is the kit totally different?
M!ke
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They all do pretty much the same thing. Some just have extra bits of equipment than others and have slightly different capabilities. I doubt the crews can change between types without extra training. A noticeable difference between the E-3A and D though are the engines, the lack of AAR probe on the A and the weird bulge thing on the nose the A has that the D doesnt.
LouE3D
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's just different kit isn't it??? The principal function will be the same. As far as I know, if you want to move to a different mark, you'll need some kind of training?
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
since aircraft are the flavior of the moment, I spotted something on airforce monthly's website. and its a pure holy crap moment!

Airbus have started construction of the A400M prototype in germany finally!
StaVix
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
scorg, I have to ask.... what on earth are you doing posting at 5am??
LouE3D
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
since aircraft are the flavior of the moment, I spotted something on airforce monthly's website. and its a pure holy crap moment!

Airbus have started construction of the A400M prototype in germany finally!
So we can expect the A400M in, say.......ooo, 2038??
LouE3D
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How frustrated am I right now??!!! Yet another delay with my report due to a back-log and staffing problems!! :mad: Grrrrrrr!

Med board are being extremely good though and keep checking on what's going on... apparently they have a hit list and I'm at the top (never thought I'd actually be pleased to be at the top of someones hit list )

I guess on the plus side, candidate processing said that if it isn't sorted in time for July :eek: then i'll just get 'rolled over' until October. If so, just need to find another job for 6 months, somewhere to live, a shop that sells patience by the bucket full..........
StaVix
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Poor you Lou, you could come work with me in Dorset. thats v crap, sorry to hear it, you've still got ages though before your Fam? rolled over to Oct! i would be a bit upset by that but I guess the RAF works in strange ways.

Im waiting for my lunch :mad: suspecting im being forgotten about
LouE3D
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Poor you - being forgotten about!!! At least I'm on a hit list

Yay Dorset... and its warm and sunny down there!!! Am a little cheesed off, but hey nothing I can do I guess?! :rolleyes:
M!ke
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Did they say what kind of a hit list it is? Perhaps you'll get men in suits round your house soon telling you to stop calling Cranwell :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (141)
46.08%
Pro-humanity (165)
53.92%

Watched Threads