Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You're probably right... !! Either that or the men in white coats

ReputationRep:
    lol! You said it, not me!

Hmm I can see me getting bored this evening. I'm not in at work until 2230!

ReputationRep:
    You're probably right......!!!! Either that or the men in white coats???

Could of sworn I just posted this???? Crazy computers or it might just be me...?

Hmm.... I refer back to my above statement re: men in white coats :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    You're probably right......!!!! Either that or the men in white coats???

Could of sworn I just posted this???? Crazy computers or it might just be me...?

Hmm.... I refer back to my above statement re: men in white coats :eek:
    Fine example of why the men in white coats should pay you a visit

ReputationRep:
    I did just post it!!! It IS me!!! Help!!!!

Oh dear, we'll I would recommend alcohol, always good way of passing the time, but seeing as your working, prob not best idea..............:p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure trying to marshall a jet while under the influence isn't the best of ideas!

ReputationRep:
    So do all of you guys actually work in the forces then?
    What jobs do you do?............or not do as the case may be!
    Btw.......thanks for the help everyones been giving me......it really is helping and showing me how supportive everyone in the forces is to each other......keep up the good work guys

ReputationRep:
    You want to try riding when drunk... hmm, always, er...sporting!

Mind you...jet....horse....jet...hors e...probably do more damage with the jet!

ReputationRep:
    There's a few of us on here that do. I'm an Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic which involves working on the flight line doing 'liney' jobs such as flight servicings and other niff naff and triv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel wings)
    So do all of you guys actually work in the forces then?
    What jobs do you do?............or not do as the case may be!
    Btw.......thanks for the help everyones been giving me......it really is helping and showing me how supportive everyone in the forces is to each other......keep up the good work guys
    Currently TRYING to get into RAF as fighter controller, passed everything, medically fit, got a place on forthcoming IOT but have a delay on report (see above posts) confirming my med fitness status soooooooooo...... haven't got my official offere yet! Rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds interesting.........do actually get to fly the aircraft or just work on them?.......also........are you one of these people that get posted different places depending on what you've gotta do or do the planes come to you?..........do you know if there are any officers in any of the forces on here?

ReputationRep:
    You want to try riding when drunk... hmm, always, er...sporting!

Mind you...jet....horse....jet...hors e...probably do more damage with the jet!
    Hmm I don't know.....

Pilots never follow marshallers anyway, even when it's a bit of an emergency and you tell them to stop...they don't.

ReputationRep:
    niff naff and triv.... those the technical terms??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M!ke)
    Hmm I don't know.....

Pilots never follow marshallers anyway, even when it's a bit of an emergency and you tell them to stop...they don't.
    You get danger money for that or is it just arequirement that you're really loud and a very fast runner.... with a slight death wish??? :p:

As for officers, yeah there are certainly a few RAF officers but not so sure about Navy or Army...?

ReputationRep:
    Currently TRYING to get into RAF as fighter controller, passed everything, medically fit, got a place on forthcoming IOT but have a delay on report (see above posts) confirming my med fitness status soooooooooo...... haven't got my official offere yet! Rubbish!
    Cool......I'm trying to get into the Navy atm......thought it would better if I started trying to join earlier rather than later........i'm 16 and trying to get help through sixth form and uni with the RN...........hopefully then become an officer

ReputationRep:
    Sounds interesting.........do actually get to fly the aircraft or just work on them?
    Personally I don't get to fly them no. I get to fly on them sometimes as a passenger that's about it.

(Original post by angelwins)
    are you one of these people that get posted different places depending on what you've gotta do or do the planes come to you?
    Not quite sure what you mean by that. I work at one place on one type of aircraft at the moment. Everyone in the forces gets posted every few years to another station/squadron. Officers tend to do 2 year posts, groundcrew do 3 or 4 years.

(Original post by angelwings)
    do you know if there are any officers in any of the forces on here?
    Wzz is a serving officer as far as I am aware. There are a fair few officer cadets doing Initial Officer Training at RAFC Cranwell on here too. Have a look in the definitive May IOT list and you'll see who.

ReputationRep:
    You should check out their website and see what sponsorship they offer, will imagine you will have to be selected for sponsorship and required to do a minimum service on completion of your ed. I guess, also, you need to be really sure it's for you?

Also, you could check out Welbeck.....? I don't know much about it, hear lots of different things about it, good and bad, but it is an option I suppose if it's your cup of tea?

ReputationRep:
    OK......thanks for your help guys........one more quick thing......how did all of you find the initial training when you first joined?.......ive heard it can be quite demanding but also very enjoyable........good luck for all of you with whatever you wana do and thanks for all your help you kind people

ReputationRep:
    You get danger money for that or is it just arequirement that you're really loud and a very fast runner.... with a slight death wish??? :p:
    I'm sure the RAF would like me to believe that it is taken into account in the 'X factor'. Although I'm not quite sure people like to accept that when they almost get run over by a taxiing aircraft!

niff naff and triv.... those the technical terms??!!
    Probably not very technical! It's abit of a RAFism. You get used to all these little sayings and TLAs

ReputationRep:
    OK......thanks for your help guys........one more quick thing......how did all of you find the initial training when you first joined?.......ive heard it can be quite demanding but also very enjoyable
    Well mine was abit different to officer's training as I went through Recruit Training for airmen/women. It was 9 weeks of the annoyance factor really. Looking back it wasn't hard, at the time it is due to the lack of sleep I think. It's 9 weeks of drill, uniform prep, ground defence training, general service knowledge training, more drill, more kit prep....and then to top it off some more drill. :p: All good fun though!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.