Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    You should check out their website and see what sponsorship they offer, will imagine you will have to be selected for sponsorship and required to do a minimum service on completion of your ed. I guess, also, you need to be really sure it's for you?

Also, you could check out Welbeck.....? I don't know much about it, hear lots of different things about it, good and bad, but it is an option I suppose if it's your cup of tea?
    Ive had a look at all of the different things they offer and am going through the selection process at the minute........ive had a look at Welbeck and it is something I am quite interested in..........i'm going for an Admiralty interview board in a few weeks so researching and trying to a lot of work on that.............thanks for all of your help.....you are all such stars!

ReputationRep:
    Gosh you guys must have lots of spare time... had my lunch am back in 'the happy place'

good luck with it angel wings, there are quite a few officers on here who post, take their advice, you may not always like it but generally they are well informed

ReputationRep:
    Had my filter int today, comletely messed it up. Gutted. The officer that interviewed me said they weren't allowed to tell me at this stage how I'd done (even though at my last one the officer who interviewed me told me the outcome, then asked me to go away for half an hour or so whilst he wrote the report up, and then gave me the debrief that day), and I had to wait for a letter to come in the post which will arrive in the next two to three weeks (is it just me or is that quite a while to wait, I thought it was usually within about three to seven days) to tell me of the outcome. I hate that, as now I have to wait for over a fortnight for a letter to come to tell me that all my hopes and dreams have come to nothing.

On the positive side, it went a damnsight lot better than my first filter. Still, I'm pretty sure I won't be put forwards for OASC.

Also, it only lasted about twenty minutes-that can't be a good sign, either. Anyway...off to wallow in self pity.

ReputationRep:
    on the bright side at least you had improved since your first filter!

sorry to hear it didnt go well!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, looking at it in terms of common knowledge, I didn't know what the Balkans was (although had learnt all about Bosnia and Herz, Kosovo and Afghanistan, without realising they were part of the Balkans), so maybe I don't deserve to do successfully-I mean imagine me as an officer, being in charge of people, with the brains of a rocking horse! I doubt I'd do much good!!!

ReputationRep:
    Slightly off topic random question, is MSN down for anyone else or is it just me?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Aw wench, chin up. It may not be as bad as you think!

Mike, it was working for me fine a couple of hours ago.

ReputationRep:
    Mike, my msn is down too...

silly wench... mmm perhaps some general knowledge revision would be helpful, for any job, not just the RAF! (Afghantistan is not part of the Balkans, no where near). the Balkans are just acropss the water from Italy and roughly covers the area where Yugoslavia was before it split up, The term refers to a geographical area rather than a specific country.

but let us know what they say, if you'll get through im sure we will be able to assist in your OASC prep

ReputationRep:
    MSN is up again.

Why so many ads on TSR now? It's annoying :mad:

ReputationRep:
    that big annoying one along the RHS? grrr :mad: it affects my comp at work, it keeps making TSR shut down and close all windows, mostly just as im about to post! its probably a way to make money

Unfortunatley BB is on now so no MSN'ing tonight.. (slightly ashemed to admit i watch it but oh well...) sorry Mike will have to postpone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StaVix)
    silly wench... mmm perhaps some general knowledge revision would be helpful, for any job, not just the RAF! (Afghantistan is not part of the Balkans, no where near).
    Sorry, I didn't mean Afghanistan, I meant the former Yugoslav republic of Macedonia (cue more people groaning at how pathetically air-headed I am!). I knew there has been three main NATO led operations-that one, Kosovo and Bosnia and Herz, I just got confused as theres also been one in Yugoslavia...

It's been a long day, I didn't sleep last night and I got up well before six this morning, I've had everything and anything running through my mind,and the amount of hours I'm working at the moment doesn't help. From Saturday, I won't have a day off for three weeks and four days! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    scorg, I have to ask.... what on earth are you doing posting at 5am??
    not gone to bed yet at that time

just ask Nic about staying up late, that may consist of the answer for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    So we can expect the A400M in, say.......ooo, 2038??
    well, plus or Minus 10 years on that figure, knowing what Airbus have been like for delays on that project thus far, and the current 12 months delay on entry into service for the A380, maybe we should ask, will it fly within our lifetime!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't waiting a b***er!.

The 20 mins things isn't necessarily a bad thing. My filter was the same second time round, and I got to OASC. I got the impression that second time round they only cover the areas you were weak in the first time...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and the rest of us playing the waiting game...sigh).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valu)
    Isn't waiting a b***er!.
    Sure is, and I've only been waiting for 12 hours so far! :p: (plus the 18months or so since I made my first application), the worst thing is,I've got a day off work tomorrow, so lots of clockwatching...

ReputationRep:
    Silly Wench, don't be so hard on yourself!! Come on now, positive attitude!!! Trust me, we all have dizzy moments and if you don't ask about stuff, you don't learn!!!! Now, actually the filter interview is only meant to last about 20 mins and as far I am aware they are not meant to tell you the outcome of your interview on the day. When I had mine, the only reason I got told that I was being recommended was because, about 3 days after my interview th AFCO had to ring me and tell me I couldn't apply for Int! 2-3 weeks in the standard waiting time.

Now if you don't have any faith in yourself then who will? Have confidence in what you know and who you are, people pick up on how you feel about yourself so if you walk around thinking "heck, I don't have a clue what I'm doing" others will think that too!! Just think you should have a little more self belief??

Poor you though, with crazy amounts of work and no sleep....not good
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by InaSpin)
    MSN is up again.

Why so many ads on TSR now? It's annoying :mad:
    TSR has been bought over by another company who want to make it into a profit making site. The best thing I can suggest is to download a free ad blocker.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I have to agree with Louise, Wench. Don't be so hard on youurself. No one knows everything. Even if you didn't pass, you can always resit it and it may not be a year until you can.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatley BB is on now so no MSN'ing tonight.. (slightly ashemed to admit i watch it but oh well...) sorry Mike will have to postpone
    Well! That's nice isn't it?! I was at work anyway!

A question for anyone on IOT at the moment; what course is E Squadron? IOT 1? I ask as they are giving anyone interested in commissioning a brief here this evening on the new course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    The best thing I can suggest is to download a free ad blocker.
    Are people still using Internet Explorer? Visit http://www.mozilla.com/ and get Firefox, will block the ads and is just plain better than IE in so many ways, free to.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.