The Student Room Group

HNC results

I sat an HNC this year, and the grade I was given for my graded unit and therefore the whole course was an A. obviously I'm mega chuffed with this, but I was under the impression this was an estimate and that it'd get marked by the SQA and I'd receive a certificate and all that jazz however as off yet I've not got anything. anyone know what happens, and if I was even meant to get stuff from the SQA? I'm not sure what the norm is in this situation.
Reply 1
Original post by laurenmckay
I sat an HNC this year, and the grade I was given for my graded unit and therefore the whole course was an A. obviously I'm mega chuffed with this, but I was under the impression this was an estimate and that it'd get marked by the SQA and I'd receive a certificate and all that jazz however as off yet I've not got anything. anyone know what happens, and if I was even meant to get stuff from the SQA? I'm not sure what the norm is in this situation.

you get your certificate with Grade (A well done:smile:) then you get another sheet with your modules passed. the college marks the work and gives the info to SQA who then sends you the certs.

was the course a january start?

may i ask what course?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by WeeGuy
you get your certificate with Grade (A well done:smile:) then you get another sheet with your modules passed. the college marks the work and gives the info to SQA who then sends you the certs.

was the course a january start?

may i ask what course?

Thank you! Okay, so will it maybe be sent out at a different date. I know some people in the class had different deadlines to me and were sending their stuff in much later. The course started in August which is why I was expecting the results along on the normal results day and it was chemical process technology :smile: thanks for all your help!
Reply 3
Thank you! Okay, so will it maybe be sent out at a different date. I know some people in the class had different deadlines to me and were sending their stuff in much later. The course started in August which is why I was expecting the results along on the normal results day and it was chemical process technology :smile: thanks for all your help!

the cert and modules are sent at the same time. i know that people with HNC have already got their results from SQA( different course) in early july. but it depends when you finished the course work & exam

has anyone in your class got the certs from SQA yet?
Reply 4
Was the HNC difficult compared to advanced higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by WeeGuy
the cert and modules are sent at the same time. i know that people with HNC have already got their results from SQA( different course) in early july. but it depends when you finished the course work & exam

has anyone in your class got the certs from SQA yet?

I've not managed to get in touch with anyone yet but on mysqa it's still showing as a current course, so perhaps it's to do with the college itself? thanks for your help

Original post by BigChimp

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never done the advanced higher which is why I done the HNC as they are the same level in terms of those point thingies that you get (sqf or something) however I imagine it would be easier. we spent a fair bit of time doing higher stuff as many of the people in my class had absolutely no chemistry already so had to start from scratch however there is more of an emphasis on lab work I'd guess and it's also much more geared towards the working world, as we done some things such as a unit on health and safety legislation and that kind of thing. I think the HNC probably eases you in more as well, it's a bit more chilled out than I would guess and advanced higher to be. obviously I can't give a great opinion as I've not done the adv higher but I would definitely recommend the HNC :smile: hope I've helped and sorry for all the rambling!
Reply 6
I've not managed to get in touch with anyone yet but on mysqa it's still showing as a current course, so perhaps it's to do with the college itself? thanks for your help

I've never done the advanced higher which is why I done the HNC as they are the same level in terms of those point thingies that you get (sqf or something) however I imagine it would be easier. we spent a fair bit of time doing higher stuff as many of the people in my class had absolutely no chemistry already so had to start from scratch however there is more of an emphasis on lab work I'd guess and it's also much more geared towards the working world, as we done some things such as a unit on health and safety legislation and that kind of thing. I think the HNC probably eases you in more as well, it's a bit more chilled out than I would guess and advanced higher to be. obviously I can't give a great opinion as I've not done the adv higher but I would definitely recommend the HNC :smile: hope I've helped and sorry for all the rambling!

Thank you! That's made it a lot more clearer. I've always been confused when it came to the difference between advanced highers and HNC's. I now know the difference thanks to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BigChimp

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did both, an HNC is supposed to be the equivelant to AH, but it's a bit of a piss take the way it's structured and the way you are examed. The A. Highers were harder. Having said that, it came in handy for getting into uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending