The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Television & Radio

Anyone applied for Television & Radio starting this september?
As results day approaches I'm getting more and more nervous! Would be nice (once I find out my grades and whether I've achieved my place or not) to start talking to people before we arrive on that awkward introduction talk haha

Also have a few questions if anyone knows the answers?
- What software do we need (or would be beneficial) for either parts of the course? I'm getting my macbook if all goes well, just need to know on software and prices
- How is everyone getting to and from Media City? I'm booked into IQ, and currently have no idea of the route I'll be taking daily :s-smilie:

Finally, if things DONT go too well (fingers crossed) and I don't achieve ABB, my offer, what are the chances of still receiving an offer??

xo
Hi teejaii,

You'd mostly be using Adobe Premier, if you did want to purchase the software for yourself look at the Adobe Premium Suite. I’m not sure of the costs but you should be able to get a student discount. All of the software and facilities you’ll need will also be available at Media City.

To get to Media City from IQ it's very easy, you can walk to Allerton which takes about 5-10 minutes and then get the number 50 bus. It's free to get the bus from Allerton to Media City if you show them your University of Salford student card.

If you don’t receive your ABB grades then call the University and we can put you through to a tutor who will take your information and will talk to you about your options

Good luck for results day :smile:

Carla
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, I'm also starting TV and Radio :smile:
I took a year out so already have my A Levels but was 20 points short of a place. Long (and boring and stressful) story short I rang the Uni a few days ago and they said they've been able to lower the boundaries and give me an unconditional offer!

Look forward to starting, definitely think its the best place to be if you're interested in that area!

Also I'm staying at Horlock Court, is that close to the free bus? :smile:
Reply 3
I'm starting TV and Radio in September, i'm also in Horlock court, do you know what house you're in? As far as I know Horlock is quite central so i wouldn't think it'd be too far from the bus :smile: x
Original post by Vegsoup
Also I'm staying at Horlock Court, is that close to the free bus? :smile:

Original post by Clarice95x
As far as I know Horlock is quite central so i wouldn't think it'd be too far from the bus :smile: x

You're right Clarice95x, you'll be very close to the free bus, it's less than a five minute walk to the main road where the 50 stops.

Congratulations on your places Vegsoup and Clarice95x :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending