Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lies.

but really, would you want to live forever with a bunch of plastic organs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rusty33)
    Though, I don't imagine you would have been inclined to say anything had he been Mexican and wrote "Latino Pride" or been black and wrote "Black pride." :rolleyes:
    There isn't a problem with Black nationalists (I can only remember one and he has been banned; all of his profiles that is) or Latino nationalists on this forum, so don't talk out of your arse.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really wanna know how your garden grows, cause I just wanna fly.

ReputationRep:
    NEVER!!! live forever? i'm already bored with life.. hope for it to ge more exciting in a few years but no, i'd never wanna live forever lol.. and anyway if u think about it wouldnt that mean that only people in MEDCs will 'live forever' but because LEDCs cant afford the technological and scientific advantages they'd still die.. doesnt that sound just cruel? i hope this never happens (for the good of mankind)..

ReputationRep:
    If in 2050 there is a choice whether to live forever or to die, i'll choose then rather than now.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xavier2k3)
    If in 2050 there is a choice whether to live forever or to die, i'll choose then rather than now.

regards
    --marty
    no doubt it will only be for th rich(at first anyway)

ReputationRep:
    The theory does not state that by 2050 the technology will exist to make you live for ever but rather that by that stage it will be possible to prolong your life for long enough the next technological advance to arrive enabling you to prolong it further.

A very primitive method of prolonging life already exists and has been used to extend the life of nematodes to four times the usual life span. On the other hand it requires suspending them in a brown fluid and as such wouldn’t do humans any good.

ReputationRep:
    I think he made up the part about the scientific advances, and he's really a hardcore catholic.
    What he's trying to say is that in 2050, God will descend to the earth, judge you all, then man and lion will live together in peace for all eternity. Either that or ******* and the fires of hell will live together, but it'll be for a ****ing long time anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HipsAndHearts)
    I was told by a teacher during one of my lessons that some scientists had predicted that anyone who lived till 2050 would have the ability to live forever, because of such scientific advances. What do you think about this statement?
    Your teacher reads new scientist then, it was in an article a few weeks ago.
    It was merely describing technological advances that are coming and would really help, but said they would take a long time to develop and its uncertain if they would work. Personally i say it will take a lot longer than 2050 before this happens.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think this will work, and it is anti-nature.
    however i wish i can live forever and never grow old
    haha~

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that the older you get the less you want to live. The desire to remain alive is VERY strong. As soon as you you feel you have no purpose in life (and therefore get depressed) I guess living forever wouldnt be great.

Its never gonna happen. If anything it will be used/adapted for good medical reasons - I dunno...... perhaps extending the life of organs of people who have just died for transplants or something.

I guess in 50 years everyone will be cloned just in case the "other you" dies accidently before your 10,000th birthday :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    live forever = by 2050 when you're about to kick the bucket all you do is use your DNA to make a clone, and repeat process for infinity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum1)
    live forever = by 2050 when you're about to kick the bucket all you do is use your DNA to make a clone, and repeat process for infinity
    Yes but the clone is not you it does not have your memories or your enviromental conditioning. When it grows up it probably won't act like you, it may have different tastes to you. Even if you clone your self you will still die.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.