Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got a past paper of unknown year and I don't have mark scheme for it. Please can someone help me with this question

Add to the diagram below three equipotential surfaces which have equal changes of potential between them.

Does it mean I don't have to draw the concentric circles getting further apart?

The change in the gravitational potential energy of the satellite when it moves to a different orbit might be calculated using the expression ' weight of satellite X change in heighgt'.
    What condition must apply for this to be valid? Explain your answer.

ReputationRep:
    3 concentric circles with increasing seperation between them.

The g field must be uniform. For this to occur changes in height must be small.

Regards.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: agreed

ReputationRep:
    this is the jan 05 unit 5 paper if im not mistaken. u can download the markscheme off edexcel international webpage.
    p.s make sure its edexcel international not the uk one

ReputationRep:
    THX for help~

(Original post by gfdsa)
    this is the jan 05 unit 5 paper if im not mistaken. u can download the markscheme off edexcel international webpage.
    p.s make sure its edexcel international not the uk one
    I've downloaded the mark scheme but it doesn't look like the same one. Anyway, thx for help~

ReputationRep:
    its the june 2002 paper I think. Download the markscheme from 'the maths forum . com' (all one word)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2006

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.