do u go out drinking? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
nothing special believe it or not - 18 is pretty ... normal + carry proof of age when u do turn 18 - clubs in london only let you in with proof
This is the whole point mate, when were 18, well all have ID, and then wont have to pick the places where were guaranteed to get in, rather than places we wanna go.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
This is the whole point mate, when were 18, well all have ID, and then wont have to pick the places where were guaranteed to get in, rather than places we wanna go.
it isnt anything special though - uni is the time to party - truly - until then the illegal raves organised by mates at their houses or at a warehouse - CLASSIC
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Ill be the last person to turn 18, and thats going to be 1 week before we go on holiday, how super homosexual is that going to be..
get yourself a high quality fake id card, mine cost £10 off the net and has saved my bacon on countless occasions. Ok sometimes it doesn't work but i find most of the time it does. I would have been embaressingly screwed at the durham open day if it wasn't for that card.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
get yourself a high quality fake id card, mine cost £10 off the net and has saved my bacon on countless occasions. Ok sometimes it doesn't work but i find most of the time it does. I would have been embaressingly screwed at the durham open day if it wasn't for that card.
Care to point me in the direction of a link mate.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)

even aylesbury is getting very strict these days cos a lot of places have been busted

even my genuine 16+ card is rejected sometimes
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i got into cluubs for years with my provisional lisense that sed i was 16, the bounces were too thick to eork out how old i was
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I used to have an International Student Identity Card - you could get them from sta travel with an nus card, so I borrowed my friend's NUS card (this was before I was even at college!) and took that in and just lied about my date of birth. Did the trick for a couple of months but then the local pubs & clubs caught on that everyone was doing it! ! Still worked outside exeter though.

Anyway, I guess there's your answer, I do go out drinking. But moreso to nice places (like hotel bars or.. well, nice bars) rather than skanky student holes. And recently I've become a bit of a recluse. But still manage to have tequila & pizza nights with my best friend!

I don't like 'clubbing' though. Bright lights and loud music are only good when seeing bands live. I'd rather save my money and go to loads of concerts than go clubbing every week.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
I used to have an International Student Identity Card - you could get them from sta travel with an nus card, so I borrowed my friend's NUS card (this was before I was even at college!) and took that in and just lied about my date of birth. Did the trick for a couple of months but then the local pubs & clubs caught on that everyone was doing it! ! Still worked outside exeter though.

Anyway, I guess there's your answer, I do go out drinking. But moreso to nice places (like hotel bars or.. well, nice bars) rather than skanky student holes. And recently I've become a bit of a recluse. But still manage to have tequila & pizza nights with my best friend!

I don't like 'clubbing' though. Bright lights and loud music are only good when seeing bands live. I'd rather save my money and go to loads of concerts than go clubbing every week.
yup, Concerts are way better than clubbing, but you have less chance of pulling at a gig
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
so annoying, can't wait :mad:

we need to go ino London straight as you lot turn 18, a proper club

not bloody 'Yates'
:eek: i like yates's! lol, only cos my bfs best mate works there and if we pay a visit at bout 11ish, come 2.30 we have a free lift home if we don't go in and say hi at work he gets sulky and tells us to get a taxi (he always gives in though)

wooo, i'm 18 in 15 days, but being underage has never stopped me, i haven't be I.Ded for ages.

i go out sometimes, but not loads. most weekends though, but often just to the pub and i don't drink if i'm poor.

lou xxx
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
:eek: i like yates's! lol, only cos my bfs best mate works there and if we pay a visit at bout 11ish, come 2.30 we have a free lift home if we don't go in and say hi at work he gets sulky and tells us to get a taxi (he always gives in though)

wooo, i'm 18 in 15 days, but being underage has never stopped me, i haven't be I.Ded for ages.

i go out sometimes, but not loads. most weekends though, but often just to the pub and i don't drink if i'm poor.

lou xxx
i'm sure it can be great, but i don't like the 1 in Aylesbury and we go there every week, it's just boring with the same old ****e music, and the same people every week
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I used to go out once or twice a week from when I was 16. When I went to uni first and second year I was out at least 4 times a week, probably more and cut back a bit in third year due to lack of funds. I dont get much chance now but if i had the time I would definitely be out at the pub or clubbing at least once a week and the cinema a couple of times a month. You're only young once.
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sometimes I wonder how my liver is getting on down there. lol.
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
yup, Concerts are way better than clubbing, but you have less chance of pulling at a gig
Good job I don't go out to pull then!!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads