The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Opal 1 for Postgraduates International Students

Hi everyone,

I got in MSc Marketing course and I have a big headache because I lost the opportunity to book at Melton Hall long time ago :erm:.

So my Second option was Opal 1. I got an offer their for a studio in Block C and I am not sure If I should accept the offer or not!!

Is it suitable for postgraduates? especially for international PG students? And has anyone ever experience living at Block C at Opal1 before?
Reply 1
Hi,

I lived in Opal last year as an undergraduate and found it good if you're looking for somewhere quieter to live in Nottingham. Not sure about block C, I think it is a larger one so it might be a bit more lively but the rooms there are nice and there's a free gym as well.

Opal went into administration so they have a new owner called Derwent Students now - they have a website with some info about the rooms - http://www.derwentstudents.com/nottingham1 <-- that might be useful to you :smile:

If you're not sure about block C you could call them and ask which other rooms they have left in other blocks if you want somewhere quieter? It depends what kind of room you want really.

Hope that helps! :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Debbie M
Hi,

I lived in Opal last year as an undergraduate and found it good if you're looking for somewhere quieter to live in Nottingham. Not sure about block C, I think it is a larger one so it might be a bit more lively but the rooms there are nice and there's a free gym as well.

Opal went into administration so they have a new owner called Derwent Students now - they have a website with some info about the rooms - http://www.derwentstudents.com/nottingham1 <-- that might be useful to you :smile:

If you're not sure about block C you could call them and ask which other rooms they have left in other blocks if you want somewhere quieter? It depends what kind of room you want really.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Thank you for your advice. I definitely prefer quieter place. Apparently I do need to contact them ASAP :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest