Turn on thread page Beta

Give me some ideas for a new car watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Muck)
    Just to ask.....Where would I get an R32 kit like that from? And where would I take it to get them to make it look like that?
    A couple of places really, you can get it from VW the main dealer, which is obviously the highest quality and fits perfectly but also extreamly expensive, or get it from a body shop or get a fake one off ebay like my mate did. about £1000 cheaper but doesn't fit 100% perfectly, but you wouldn't know. Oh and it's made out of carbon fibre not the proper stuff.

ReputationRep:
    MG ZR 1.4.

Cheap to get parts, nice performance figures, and look sexy as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3xhilaration)
    maybe a standard lupo but not a gti

???
    Them turbo Ronall wheels look rubbish on that though. They belong on the old V dubs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of leaning towards a 1.4 Corsa SRi again :hmmmm:

What to do!

Do you think the Vauxhall garge near me will have a 1.4 for test drive purposes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navajo)
    I'm kind of leaning towards a 1.4 Corsa SRi again :hmmmm:

What to do!

Do you think the Vauxhall garge near me will have a 1.4 for test drive purposes?
    If you want a Corsa - get one but dont get one just because theres more around at the moment.

If you really want a golf wait for a good one to come up

ReputationRep:
    Yup I am sure they will have a 1.4 if you go to a Vx dealer. I am looking at changing my 1.0l lawnmower for a SRi diesel at the moment (1.7 CDTi) - would have the 1.8 but would be using too much petrol and I fancy a diesel car...

Hoping to beat the asking price down with the fact that the Corsa D will be available in September. Having said that, I'm after a pretty rare spec of car unfortunately (1.7 SRi diesel 5door - there's literally about 6 in the country listed on NetworkQ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    Yup I am sure they will have a 1.4 if you go to a Vx dealer. I am looking at changing my 1.0l lawnmower for a SRi diesel at the moment (1.7 CDTi) - would have the 1.8 but would be using too much petrol and I fancy a diesel car...

Hoping to beat the asking price down with the fact that the Corsa D will be available in September. Having said that, I'm after a pretty rare spec of car unfortunately (1.7 SRi diesel 5door - there's literally about 6 in the country listed on NetworkQ).
    Yer 1.4 Black SRi's are quite hard to come by as well, but there's a couple. It's just waiting until a good one comes up and i'd rather buy private.

I just think a Golf is too much of a big step up at my age, (19 student). As much as I would love one.

---

Kind of off topic... but I sat in this car on the weekend (check out it's plate) while I was on a Golf MKIV meet in S Wales (look it up on UK-MKIVs.net) awesome car. There was a Eip Golf at the meet as well, 450-500bhp machine
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Just for the weekends....

...?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...Yamaha R1. You could outrun anything on that!

ReputationRep:
    Exactamundo. Plus I'm sure its less than £6k second hand.

ReputationRep:
    It's the biking equivalent of having a rocket strapped to your testicles....

ReputationRep:
    And what could be more manly than that, eh, threadstarter? *snigger*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    It's the biking equivalent of having a rocket strapped to your testicles....
    Sorry Nav to be be off topic!

Sync, being a passenger even on a 600 CBR, you won't notice too much difference because much of the time you are wetting yourself.
    The speed of those things is just unreal. I look back at all the funfair rides I've been on as a kid, and nothing even come close to me being taken on one of those to Southend once :cool:

Gallardo's are nice. I also got taken in one last week for the 1st time. To my surprise a few weeks back, I met this guy at a pub. I asked him if he wanted a lift home (he was only around 22-25 years old). He replied 'naa, I'm cool, I've got my own car'. That car was a Gallrdo :eek:
    Last week he took me out on it (over the weekend). Its light blue (almost silverish in the dark) and has some bucket seats that make you not want to get out, or rather its quite difficult to do. Dash was nice with overblown leather everywhere, and I have to say, it was bigger than the Beetles

How do people do it? I wonder where I went wrong inlife sometimes! :rolleyes:

Navajo - Golf isn't a major step up from the Corsa in regards to insurance, but its a shame that even a 1.6 engine still won't give you any oomph, whereas in a Corsa, it would. Remember the Golf has a lot better interior even at the cheap end, and has lots of room and is able to sit 5 comfortably

ReputationRep:
    No worries

Umm.. a slight development in the whole car thing. I know someone who is friends with someone who is selling a 55 plate, 1.4 SXi+ (new SRi), 4k on the clock for just £5500.

No idea why he's selling it yet, going to go and have a look at it on Sunday. He had a HPi check done on it and it's clear. The thing is he's going to lose £6k on this as it's £12k breand new and it's only 6 months olf. It's second hand price from parkers is £7800'ish and I think that it's a bargin at £5.5k?? Don't you think?

It's going on Autotrader later today I think, so i'll have to decide quick.

With regard to a golf, the insurance would be ok for a 1.6, but to get a good 1.6 I would have to spend £6.5k+ at least. Whereas I can get a Corsa like the one above for £5500 which is pretty much brand new. I just don't think I should stretch my budget that far.

And I have a holiday in Ibiza coming up and a house retainer to pay for September. Think a golf will have to wait, unfortunatly.

Oh and Walshie, those Gallardo's are awesome! They sound absolutly sunning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navajo)
    No worries

Umm.. a slight development in the whole car thing. I know someone who is friends with someone who is selling a 55 plate, 1.4 SXi+ (new SRi), 4k on the clock for just £5500.

No idea why he's selling it yet, going to go and have a look at it on Sunday. He had a HPi check done on it and it's clear. The thing is he's going to lose £6k on this as it's £12k breand new and it's only 6 months olf. It's second hand price from parkers is £7800'ish and I think that it's a bargin at £5.5k?? Don't you think?

It's going on Autotrader later today I think, so i'll have to decide quick.

With regard to a golf, the insurance would be ok for a 1.6, but to get a good 1.6 I would have to spend £6.5k+ at least. Whereas I can get a Corsa like the one above for £5500 which is pretty much brand new. I just don't think I should stretch my budget that far.

And I have a holiday in Ibiza coming up and a house retainer to pay for September. Think a golf will have to wait, unfortunatly.

Oh and Walshie, those Gallardo's are awesome! They sound absolutly sunning.

I thought I had convinced you to get one...oh well

ReputationRep:
    Remember a SXi+ really isn't an SRi! It's just an SXi with rear window tints and something else added. No colour code, no SRi mirrors, no SRi alloys, no proper painted rear spoiler I don't think? Have a look at it, doesn't sound bad for £5500 if it's a good'un.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.