SE Asia March 2014

Watch this thread
mbennett
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to arrive in Bangkok at the end of March (from Cairns, after travelling through Oz for a few months) for the Thai new year.

From there, I want to go to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos, before heading back down Thailand, to the islands and then back to Bangkok at the end of June.

Has anyone else got a similar plan or are planning to be in Asia at the same time?

Although I would have been travelling alone in Australia for five months before, travelling through Asia alone seems a lot scarier!

If there is enough of us around at the same time, I'll set up a Facebook page to keep in touch!?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mollie
mbennett
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Anyone?
Staceyc1990
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Im saving up money the now and i did look at asia for early 2014. Not sure how long for though and not sure how much money i'd need either so very vague sorry!
umbrella123
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mbennett)
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to arrive in Bangkok at the end of March (from Cairns, after travelling through Oz for a few months) for the Thai new year.

From there, I want to go to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos, before heading back down Thailand, to the islands and then back to Bangkok at the end of June.

Has anyone else got a similar plan or are planning to be in Asia at the same time?

Although I would have been travelling alone in Australia for five months before, travelling through Asia alone seems a lot scarier!

If there is enough of us around at the same time, I'll set up a Facebook page to keep in touch!?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mollie
Hey!

My name's Rhia, i'm from the UK and have pretty similar plans to you and am looking for someone to possibly share at least the first half of my trip with. My plans aren't set in stone yet but hoping to arrive in Bangkok in march, make my way up north then head to Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, back to Bangkok and then go south to the islands. And then around may/june catch a domestic flight to Indonesia and then the phillipines.

I'm 18 and have been to Thailand by myself for two weeks before but this trip seems so much more daunting! It's nice to see someone who's planning on doing similar things at the same time and if you're up for it we can swap plans etc.

Rhia
mbennett
Rep:
Hey Rhia,

I'm 18 too

I've slightly changed my plans now. I plan to leave Oz mid march and head to Thailand to island hop then to Bangkok for Thai New Year. Then to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos, then back down through Thailand.

Do you think our paths will cross at any time?
sophiepaynex
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hey I'm 18 too and planning pretty much the the exact same thing! Would love to hear from you guys about any further plans because being alone isn't my first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
W.pinyo
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hey! I'm planning to visit my family in Thailand around May and then travel to Cambodia and Vietnam before I go on my WHV in Australia for a year. It would be awesome if i don't have to travel alone.
Get in touch if any of you interested
EllaBella<3
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I went travelling to SE Asia earlier this year in April. First thing i'll say is you've picked the low season .. it's not quiet or anything, it's just unbelievably hot! I mean, like, 45 deg during Songkran? But i'm sure you've done your research and are aware of this Although it might seem daunting I can assure you you will have the BEST time! The people are so so wonderful. I intended to be in Thailand for two weeks .. I fell in love with it and stayed a little over two months! If any of you have any questions feel free to ask them .. anything to take my mind back there!
mbennett
Rep:
Hey guys,

Pleased a few of us seem to be in the same boat!

Has anyone booked flights or anything yet?

sophiepaynex
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I've just booked the "Thailand experience" through real gap for the 25th jan for 4 weeks I think that will be a good way to start my trip and maybe meet some new people there to continue my travels after worth looking into
Sophie x

Posted from TSR Mobile
umbrella123
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mbennett)
Hey Rhia,

I'm 18 too

I've slightly changed my plans now. I plan to leave Oz mid march and head to Thailand to island hop then to Bangkok for Thai New Year. Then to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos, then back down through Thailand.

Do you think our paths will cross at any time?
I'm planning to go leave for Thailand around March time too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
umbrella123
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sophiepaynex)
Hey I'm 18 too and planning pretty much the the exact same thing! Would love to hear from you guys about any further plans because being alone isn't my first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah going it alone isn't something I really want to do tbh. I was thinking of maybe joining a tour for the first part of my trip too. If you want to private message me I'll give you my email so maybe we can discuss things more?

Posted from TSR Mobile
eddyc2012
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm too budget conscientious and cynical to give a penny of my money some overpriced gap year company.

But I'll be arriving in March at some point and traveling until..... September All of southeast Asia without a plan. I'll work and volunteer along the way if i want to chill.

Lets liven up the couchsurfing communities in SE Asia, yes people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlisonWonderland
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hi guys, I need tips!
I want to go to south East Asia particularly thailand for the full moon party. I want to go in January and I'm desperate for people to go with!!
or advice on being a 19 year old female first time solo traveller will be appreciated.
I've looked at all the projects out there and they all seem very expensive and I'd like the freedom of doing what I want really!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sebpanas
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'll be in Asia at the beginning of February until the end of April... Not got a solid plan yet but it would be good to meet some of you out there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LinzyLoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I was planning on doing Vietnam/Cambodia/Thailand etc early next year! Like everyone else I haven't really formed a proper plan yet but I'd love to have company!
Evilzeus94
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm out in Thailand, Laos, vietnam and Cambodia from May onwards. Will definitely keep am eye out on this thread to see if anyone is still out there when I got. Anyone got any tips etc, and definitely open to travelling with any other solo travellers for a bit when I'm out there!
LindaBar
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
If you dont want to go alone then an intro group is usually the best thing! It helps you settle, gives you a whole bunch of ppl to travel with afterwards but doesnt restrict you the whole time you are there.

Check out www.trutravels.com or fb page https://www.facebook.com/TruTravels?fref=ts

If you decide to book then iv a proo code LindaB
harvie_316
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
there are various groups on couch surfing to meet people in Bangkok
magnetite
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Try Bali too. It's good if you stay out of Kuta. Ill be there in April/May kitesurfing away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (36)
26.47%
As I expected (45)
33.09%
Harder (48)
35.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.15%

Watched Threads