Is it possible to... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
...form a list (similar to the birthday list) of where people are studying, so people who are going to uni in September would have an easy way of looking up people to contact for information about different institutions. Then the people going to uni could PM us and ask about things like accomadation, the uni, or the city. Just general questions that could ease their worries and make their lives easier. It could be set as a sticky in the University subforum. (hint hint mods!)

For example, I'm at Leeds, Ollie's at Exeter etc.

You people be willing to help and would people appreciate such a service? x.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good idea, I'd offer if I had time but I spend too much time here anyway.
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good idea. How's the essay going Daveo - I presume the course is still similar to here?
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Good idea. How's the essay going Daveo - I presume the course is still similar to here?
I just finished it!!!! I've known about it for 8 weeks, had the last week and a half to write it and have worked solidly the lsat 2 days - finished a whole 20hours ahead of deadline.
Nothing like leaving it to the last minute.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
loftx did start compiling a list like this but the thread disappeared down the pages
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I just finished it!!!! I've known about it for 8 weeks, had the last week and a half to write it and have worked solidly the lsat 2 days - finished a whole 20hours ahead of deadline.
Nothing like leaving it to the last minute.
Congrats The two guys in my flat have until next week somtime, and i've two essays for wednesday, but they're only 1500 words each.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
loftx did start compiling a list like this but the thread disappeared down the pages
I knew I had a vague memory of something similar occuring. We'd need to be nice to the mods and ask them to make it a sticky. Its just something I would have appreciated before I went to uni, and I'm sure there are people out there in UKL land who have specific questions that could be answered by current students. x.
Emma18
Report 15 years ago
That sounds like a really good idea!!!! itd be really useful!!!
whats the birthday thread btw??? :confused:
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma18)
That sounds like a really good idea!!!! itd be really useful!!!
whats the birthday thread btw??? :confused:
A thread listing everyones birthday, quite self explainetry (sp)
riffraff
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
aye, that would be really helpful
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why not begin collecting now, I'm sure the mods will have no objection, and even if it is non-official it sounds to be something useful. If Loftx did a similar thing why not dig up that and build on it.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
...form a list (similar to the birthday list) of where people are studying, so people who are going to uni in September would have an easy way of looking up people to contact for information about different institutions. Then the people going to uni could PM us and ask about things like accomadation, the uni, or the city. Just general questions that could ease their worries and make their lives easier. It could be set as a sticky in the University subforum. (hint hint mods!)

For example, I'm at Leeds, Ollie's at Exeter etc.

You people be willing to help and would people appreciate such a service? x.
nice idea im here to help if u ever need ne
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Why not begin collecting now, I'm sure the mods will have no objection, and even if it is non-official it sounds to be something useful. If Loftx did a similar thing why not dig up that and build on it.
Ok, but i'm not going first
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ok shall I make one, and you all tell me your info so I can put it in the sticky?
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adhsur)
Ok shall I make one, and you all tell me your info so I can put it in the sticky?
That would be lovely, thank you.

Just tried searching for the thread Loftx started, but can't find it. I might be searching wrong (always a possibility!) Can anyone help?

I'm at Leeds, in my fianl year studying maths. There we go, thats a start. Everyone else feel free to add your university and course if your willing to give advice and answer questions from future students. x.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That would be lovely, thank you.

Just tried searching for the thread Loftx started, but can't find it. I might be searching wrong (always a possibility!) Can anyone help?

I'm at Leeds, in my fianl year studying maths. There we go, thats a start. Everyone else feel free to add your university and course if your willing to give advice and answer questions from future students. x.
I have made a thread now in the university section. Please write there, so I can add you
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Eh? Post here or there?
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adhsur)
I have made a thread now in the university section. Please write there, so I can add you
Thank you, thats exactly what I was after. *runs and gives Adhsur a big hug )
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Eh? Post here or there?
there
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thank you, thats exactly what I was after. *runs and gives Adhsur a big hug )
It was a good idea.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.83%
Excited (144)
8.84%
Worried (295)
18.11%
Terrified (367)
22.53%
Meh (149)
9.15%
Confused (35)
2.15%