The Student Room Group

Accomodation during clearing

:smile:
Reply 1
is this a question?
Reply 2
If you're asking about what happens with accommodation if you don't get into your firm you basically get put in what's left, and if there's nothing left (which happens a lot, I think) you have to go into private halls (Opal, Northfield, etc) or find a landlord in the area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I wanted to ask whether you can still get accommodation through clearing?
Original post by LouiseOrd
If you're asking about what happens with accommodation if you don't get into your firm you basically get put in what's left, and if there's nothing left (which happens a lot, I think) you have to go into private halls (Opal, Northfield, etc) or find a landlord in the area.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks! :frown: But I phoned Birmingham and they said they have limited spaces for accom/halls! I guess it's luck if you get halls...
bump

who else has experience of getting halls via clearing?
Reply 6
Original post by harold&kumar
bump

who else has experience of getting halls via clearing?

I hope to do, but mine is through Adjustment not clearing
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
That sucks! :frown: But I phoned Birmingham and they said they have limited spaces for accom/halls! I guess it's luck if you get halls...

That's the trouble with Clearing and Insurance choices, you're only guaranteed accommodation if it's your firm. I'd definitely start looking at the university's Facebook pages and TSR pages to see if anyone's advertising rooms in flats, just in case. If you can get your name down as a potential it might work to your advantage if you do go through clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
That's the trouble with Clearing and Insurance choices, you're only guaranteed accommodation if it's your firm. I'd definitely start looking at the university's Facebook pages and TSR pages to see if anyone's advertising rooms in flats, just in case. If you can get your name down as a potential it might work to your advantage if you do go through clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No
Reply 9
Original post by Ryan_95
No

Sorry, what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

I said, no
Original post by Ryan_95
I said, no

Yeah, sorry, I didn't quite get that from the muffled sound of your head being up your own arse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

I got accommodation when I went through clearing. Most Uni's do have a system. If you do go through clearing question them about it, if the person does not know ask to be put through to the accommodation team after you get your verbal offer and ask them.
Reply 13
Smooth. Hopefully your adjustment won't be to Exeter, I'd hate to squish you with my bintish rolls and you fall down Cardiac Hill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool story, have a great day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats really uni dependant. Some unis guarentee insurance students a place in halls.
Original post by jelly1000
Thats really uni dependant. Some unis guarentee insurance students a place in halls.

Oh really? I didn't know that, all of my uni's only guaranteed firm choices!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It varies by uni - some (eg Manchester) guarantee a place to all firm, insurance and Clearing applicants. Others (eg MMU) don't have enough spaces for all their firmers. You can normally find the policy on the accommodation website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending