Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do i need to know for AQA Modular Science Higher Paper 2 and whats likely to come up?

ReputationRep:
    im doing AQA doubble award science and have been told to revise Environment, patterns of chemical change and forces, as well as know previous modules

ReputationRep:
    I'm redoing this paper. The best quick revision site you can go to would be BBC bitesize IMO.

ReputationRep:
    make sure you revise:
    -the haber process
    -nitrogen cycle
    -life/death of a star/the universe

these ALWAYS come up...

ReputationRep:
    Hi im doing this tomorrow too. I revised module seven last night and i think sometimes its pretty obvious what sort of things will come up. For example, theres most likely something going to come up on osmosis or active transport, and then probably the equasion for plant energy or whathave you (maybe i need to revise this abit more tonight..lol) I made some notes and theyve really helped too..ok got them, the equasion is for photosynthesis carbon dioxide plus water equals glucose and oxygen. I had a look at bitesize and it looked ok, but we were told at teachers at school its more based for foundation tiers as its available for everyone, and plus its not in modules and tomorrow its just modules 7-12. Im revising out of these books we got given which are spilt into the two exams, theyre really good. Il be revising most of tonight - along with textiles so if you need any help just ask! x

ReputationRep:
    teh life cycle of stars have they not only come up one, if something comes up one year it doesnt come up the next as like paper 1, there was nothing in it from the previous years papers, therefore i am revising mainly on the areas whcih havent come up in the paper in the last 3 years e.g (rutheranlds) theory had never come up about firing alpha particles to gold therefore came up this yera its like a cycle i beleive..........

ReputationRep:
    mustafa, what else hasnt come up in the last 3 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wave_o_mutilation)
    mustafa, what else hasnt come up in the last 3 years?
    I think the carbon cycle is gonna come up this year. They also seem to have the equation for mass of products in a lot of past papers- I think this year they might change it to mass percentage or some other equation from patts of chemical change. Stars has come up quite a lot over the past few years, so look out for more 'forecy' type questions than space related ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s0phie-x)
    theres most likely something going to come up on osmosis or active transport, and then probably the equasion for plant energy or whathave you
    what? Im doing that paper

paper 1 was: inheritance & selection, structures and bonding, waves and radiation, plus some or humans as organisms, maintainence of life, metals

so this one is: environment, patterns of chemical change, forces, plus some of earth materials, energy, electricity
    NO year 10 Biology!- why would there be osmosis? its not part of the environment module

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the 2002 paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly_girl_5)
    what? Im doing that paper

paper 1 was: inheritance & selection, structures and bonding, waves and radiation, plus some or humans as organisms, maintainence of life, metals

so this one is: environment, patterns of chemical change, forces, plus some of earth materials, energy, electricity
    NO year 10 Biology!- why would there be osmosis? its not part of the environment module
    yep you're right.
    Maybe she's on a diff exam board!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiger_vio)
    I think the carbon cycle is gonna come up this year. They also seem to have the equation for mass of products in a lot of past papers- I think this year they might change it to mass percentage or some other equation from patts of chemical change. Stars has come up quite a lot over the past few years, so look out for more 'forecy' type questions than space related ones.
    what's forecy? O.o

ReputationRep:
    you can go onto the AQA website assesment material to look for the past papers to see what has come up and what hanst come up

ReputationRep:
    DUH sorry just looked at teh book and im doing edexcel..whops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh deary me)
    what's forecy? O.o
    LOL i meant forcey.... as in more force related questions than space :P

ReputationRep:
    oh haha okay then :P

ReputationRep:
    you can go onto the AQA website assesment material to look for the past papers to see what has come up and what hanst come up
    yeah but i realy cant be bothered.... i thought you already worked it out?
    no problem....

hmmm i think sometimes if something always comes up, its more likely to come up this year. so the haber process is realy likely...

ReputationRep:
    yeah but i realy cant be bothered.... i thought you already worked it out?
    no problem....

hmmm i think sometimes if something always comes up, its more likely to come up this year. so the haber process is realy likely...
    Yes! I'm, almost certain it will come up. I have a feeling they'll quiz us about raising/lowering temperature and reasons for it, too.. they've never done that before!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, your probably right^^.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, your probably right^^.
    I hope so, i've learnt off by heart :P I'll end up giving an essay in the exam.
    I always get worried about the 6/8 mark questions

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.