All the good things that come out of japan (in no particular order):

1: anime

2: the language

3: katanas

4: samuris

5: jet li

6: various martial arts

7: sailor moon live action

and others which have not yet come to mind.
what about the people?
the high gizmos
crazy fashion

yeah jet li is chinese.

hong kong people are chinese, it is a self governing region of china.
byakugan_neji
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1. Japan gets all the latest games before us. Good thing I import from there.

2. Mobile phones, portable TVs, any other electrical items. You name it, Japan probably has been using them for the past decade while they have only started coming out here in the UK!

3. Anime - anyone up for Naruto, Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin, Initial D, Love Hina, Hunter X Hunter, Scrapped Princess, Kimi Go Nozomu Eien etc.....?

4. Best football stadiums in the world. If they can build 10 stadiums for under £500m, then why is Wembley costing over £750m on it's own?

5. The language. Yea, I know it's weird that I find it interesting since I'm Chinese but Chinese and Japanese don't sound anything like each other at all! If you're English, it's like what French is to you for example. I'm definitely going to learn it soon.

6. Music - most Westerners might find it tacky but that's only because they do things differently over there. I just live J-Pop artists such as Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA etc...Super Eurobeat music is also another favourite of mine.

7. Street racing. Unlike American street racing, where all you have to do is press down on the accelerator and go straight, Japanese street racing actually requires skill. Quite a lot of it involves driving around mountains and skilled drivers usually drift. If you have seen the anime Initial D, you'll know what I'm talking about. And also, in Japan, it ain't all about souped-up cars with nitrous rockets stuck to the back. It's all about the driver's skill, not the car he is driving which makes a difference.

8. Samurai and ninjas. Rurouni Kenshin and Naruto are my favourite anime of all time!

And, JET LI IS CHINESE.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads