Turn on thread page Beta

I read a magazine the other day about breast health and there was a section that said you should give your nipples a squeeze and observe if there are any secretions. I did this and some grey white goo came out of the cracks in between the nipples on both nipples! At first I thought it might have been accumulation of sweat or body lotion or just grease as its not liquid, its just gooey...does anyone else get this?:confused:

This is so weird, I noticed this happened to me a couple of days ago! Pretty damn weird! I'm not too worried about it though because my breasts aren't in any pain or anything.

I am pretty sure that's normal. Depends on how much goo came out. If it's just a teeny weeny bit, then that's ok.

ReputationRep:
    These are called Montgomery's glands. They're full of milky goodness to keep the aereola and nipple lubricated (nipples don't have the same construction as skin). They're completely normal.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, completely normal.

ReputationRep:
    That's normal? I thought if anything came out of your nipples then you were supposed to see a doctor? I have certainly never been lead to believe it's normal :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Puppy, what have you got coming out of your nipples? A lampshade? The Brazillian football team? Get thee to a doc!

Aaah phew! I wasn't too worried either as i thought it was just sweat or something else. Nah theres not alot coming out of it, just a teeeny amount...just gooey and yucky! Thanks you guys!

ReputationRep:
    nothin comes out of mine when i squeeze them.... -.-

ReputationRep:
    Normal.

Although if you're getting a lot of pussy like stuff coming out I suggest you get it checked out. I had something similar when I was younger and it turned out to be an infection. What a random place, eh?

Small ammounts I wouldn't worry about.

ReputationRep:
    I get them when I sing. Perhaps I am just, gifted. The next Orpheus. I just don't know.

Yeah i get this occasionally. I sometimes wake up in the morning with some goo on my nightie, not much though. Dont get it that often though, sometimes i even get it on the bed through my nightwear if ive been lying on my front all night....ewww

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, its normal, I mentioned it to my doctor once and she said not to worry! I can squeeze a little bit of a watery-like substance out of mine sometimes. Has only happened since I've been on the pill though, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that.

ReputationRep:
    You should never let cheese get anywhere near your nipples. It canm be dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

I have NEVER seen that happen to me and I just tested it.
    As the matter of fact I read a booklet the doctor gave me about self breast inspection and it said if stuff comes out you need to see a doctor. :confused:

Are mine broken? :s::s:

ReputationRep:
    They are, you need to take them back to be repaired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Fat Mel)
    They are, you need to take them back to be repaired.
    :talkhand:

(Original post by hugatree)
    :eek:

I have NEVER seen that happen to me and I just tested it.
    As the matter of fact I read a booklet the doctor gave me about self breast inspection and it said if stuff comes out you need to see a doctor. :confused:

Are mine broken? :s::s:
    Well if its a little amount like we've been describing, then i think it should be ok...maybe if it looks like puss then that should be worrying

ReputationRep:
    That ... is... gross

ReputationRep:
    I'm sat here squeezing mine and no goo, or liquid or anything I can't even see a hole where it could come out

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.