The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hmm... I think it all depends on whether you meet the right guy or not. If I find my lifelong companion, then why not? Given that he's willing to share the responsibility.

If we decide that we wish to have children (and are lucky enough to be able to have them), I would prefer having two. I can't imagine my own childhood without my brother, although we are very different, constantly fought as kids and never had that great brother-sister relationship (which I highly doubt exists). It would have been hard and lonesome, especially when dealing with parents (who can be quite horrible). I think you can almost tell from a person's character if s/he's grown up with or without siblings.
Reply 41
NSW
i would love to have a couple of kids, but definitely when i'm done with uni, and im a bit more settled career wise, and i have a girlfriend who wants the same. i guess i'd do IVF or adopt, which ever is easier, i think IVF.

edit: RR - we can do an exchange of, well, you know, lol.

lmao, we could! Howev you must be beautiful and have an above average IQ, I want children that look like a hybrid of Kate Moss and Orlando Bloom preferably :wink:

Actually I know [well through someone else] these 2 people, one gay man and one gay woman [best friends] who set up home together and having children, therefore providing their children with a normal family environment.
Reply 42
RR
lmao, we could! Howev you must be beautiful and have an above average IQ, I want children that look like a hybrid of Kate Moss and Orlando Bloom preferably :wink:

Actually I know [well through someone else] these 2 people, one gay man and one gay woman [best friends] who set up home together and having children, therefore providing their children with a normal family environment.

I would not call that family environment 'normal', though I admire their effort.

Having children is an enormous responsibility, and its like marriage. If the 'right' person comes along, and everything in ones life is relatively stable, then why not?
Reply 43
lol, i'm no kate moss im affraid... there's hoping for my future gf though!

i could never bring up kids with a gay man. i dont have a problem with the idea of bringing up kids with lesbian or gay parents, though i guess if thats what suits them.
Reply 44
I would not call that family environment 'normal', though I admire their effort.

Having children is an enormous responsibility, and its like marriage. If the 'right' person comes along, and everything in ones life is relatively stable, then why not?

It would be a fairly normal environment so long as the gay man and gay woman didn't flaunt their respective boyfriends/girlfriends in front of their children. But it's a damn sight better than single parenting, which I'm sure plenty of straight people would know about.
Reply 45
NSW
lol, i'm no kate moss im affraid... there's hoping for my future gf though!

i could never bring up kids with a gay man. i dont have a problem with the idea of bringing up kids with lesbian or gay parents, though i guess if thats what suits them.

lol don't you like gay men?
Reply 46
Im gna make a cricket team... hopefully
about 25 kids.... 6 of them accidents and about 50 abortions! :smile:
oh and dont forget the test tube babies.... hehe
Reply 47
I will definately, if I can.
Reply 48
lol don't you like gay men?

lol, depends who in particular. i think i would have to be in love with someone to bring up children with them though. could you have kids and live with a lesbian?!??
Reply 49
Can someone adopt a child without a partner, or is that just weird?

Obviously not some man/women on the streets, but say, a £100,000 earning, city banker with a clean slate.
Reply 50
NSW
lol, depends who in particular. i think i would have to be in love with someone to bring up children with them though. could you have kids and live with a lesbian?!??

hehe I actually can't think of anything worse, no offence :redface:

---

10102323-whatever, yes you can adopt children if you're single. Plenty of people do it.
Reply 51
lol, none taken!

Can someone adopt a child without a partner, or is that just weird?

as far as im aware, yes they can. so long as they are deemed suitable.
Reply 52
There was no option for "Yes, but I have no idea how many" :frown:
i put no becasue i dont right now... im not a big kids person.... but that could change!
Reply 54
Hmmmm im going to try and break my family record of 6 children:p:
Reply 55
pumpkin7
yes he knows. he told me he would look after me good... we both want kids. sorry if you don't like the fact that me and my boyfriend talk about this kind of stuff and want it to happen, but we are both happy and are looking forward to our future.:cool:

Me and my bf talk about how we don't want kids! We'd rather have a good life, without those interruptions!
gCarroll
gCarroll accepts.
OMG I'm having gCarroll's babies!
grace
i want gCarroll's babies:suith:

No! He's mine! (Is gCarroll even a he?)
Yes, at least 2, a boy and a girl, called Niaya and Malachi =D
Reply 57
I want kids and I don't think it would actually contribute to overpopulation...certainly not in the UK! If anything it would be doing the economy a favour, especially since any kids I have are likely to be well-educated and not a bunch of dirty chavs. :p:
Reply 58
-x-buttercup-x-
Yes, at least 2, a boy and a girl, called Niaya and Malachi =D

loves it! My personal favourites are Coco for a girl and Hugo for a boy. The latter is a bit posh though maybe :redface:
Reply 59
Gamma
According to that BBC series 'The Happiness Formula', having kids actually decreases your happiness. The joy you get from them is more than cancelled out by the stress, worry etc...

Well depends if they're little ****es or not really doesn't it?

Latest

Trending

Trending