Re-applying with Top up fees? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sugaray
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
With the top up fees next year, I doubt anyone is going to take a gap year so would it really be worth re-applying to Oxbridge? I applied and although I wish I had done a lot more, I am not 100% confident I would get in 2nd time although I might have a greater chance, maybe and not really bothering about 2nd time rejection but I don't think my parents would be too happy. Do all the letters have to be sent to your home address? Apparently there's also a 25% predicted rise or something on the expected applications this year due to these top up fees..what does everyone think?
oldthrashbarg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sugaray)
With the top up fees next year, I doubt anyone is going to take a gap year so would it really be worth re-applying to Oxford? I applied for biology and although I wish I had done a lot more, I am not 100% confident I would get in 2nd time although I might have a greater chance, maybe and not really bothering about 2nd time rejection but I don't think my parents would be too happy. Do all the letters have to be sent to your home address? Apparently there's also a 25% predicted rise or something on the expected applications this year due to these top up fees..what does everyone think?
Why shouldn't you reapply?
smaug
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sugaray)
With the top up fees next year, I doubt anyone is going to take a gap year so would it really be worth re-applying to Oxford? I applied for biology and although I wish I had done a lot more, I am not 100% confident I would get in 2nd time although I might have a greater chance, maybe and not really bothering about 2nd time rejection but I don't think my parents would be too happy. Do all the letters have to be sent to your home address? Apparently there's also a 25% predicted rise or something on the expected applications this year due to these top up fees..what does everyone think?
Top up fees dont come in till 2006 so next years is going to be the year when hardly anyone can afford to take a gap year. So no, it will be harder to get into Oxbridge (and everywhere else) next year! You could take a double gap year I guess :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (166)
18.57%
No (543)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (185)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed